2005 dodge 1500 crewcab

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I bought this on Monday but was not able to take ownership until last night, the car lot had just gotten it and it had not made it through their safety check yet. in the safety check they found it needed a new serpentine belt, brakes, and a blend door for the HVAC...... all of which were done at no cost to me :wings: .

so the truck is a 2005 dodge 1500 4x4 with the 4.7L and the 545RFE transmission, its fully loaded and has 119,000 miles. couple little dings in the body, paint is good, tires are good, most of the interior is in good shape but Its missing the ash tray, and the top of the center console has had a lot of elbows on it.

PLANS
tool box in bed
LED light bar (already have)
power inverter
USB ports
new stereo head unit
removable rack for the bed so I can load it with the RTT when I need it and remove it when I need the bed space (already have RTT)
winch bumper and winch (already have a 12,000 pound winch with synthetic rope)
better rear bumper
remove the nerf bars and build real steps

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 26

Raul B

Explorer
Congratulations on the new rig. As for the rack I would highly recommend the leitner design active cargo system. It allows you to move the rear bar all the way forward so you can use your bed without unmount in the whole thing

I did a review on it here: https://outdoorx4.com/stories/product-spotlight-leitner-designs-active-cargo-system/

If that is more than your thinking you could do the frontrunner rack system. If you only go with their criss bars then it would be easy to take on and off...

Good luck

-Raul

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Congratulations on the new rig. As for the rack I would highly recommend the leitner design active cargo system. It allows you to move the rear bar all the way forward so you can use your bed without unmount in the whole thing

I did a review on it here: https://outdoorx4.com/stories/product-spotlight-leitner-designs-active-cargo-system/

If that is more than your thinking you could do the frontrunner rack system. If you only go with their criss bars then it would be easy to take on and off...

Good luck

-Raul

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion but I will build the rack myself to where the whole thing will come out, it's not just a rack for the tent to mount to but it will also have a camp kitchen that will slide out the back.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
we are getting ready to go on a week long 1500 mile trip so I took the truck into the tire shop to have the tires re-balanced and there was a slight vibration between 30-35mph but only when off the throttle. they said the upper control arms are new on the truck but one of the bolts was loose. so re-balanced the tires, tightened the bolt, and did an alignment.... no more vibration. they said the rest of the suspension, steering, and brakes all look good. glad I had it checked out before our trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears