2005 F-450 4x4 Utility Body w/ Starcraft Pine Mountain Lonestar Pop-top Camper

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Today, I mock camped at a nearby park (while watching the Blue Angels overhead). Everything checked out well. Only equipment I didn't get to test is the tankless water heater.
82e437b84c41bdd4d646227f04a76b2d.jpg

Added an anti-critter device in the doorway; camper does not come with a screen door.
feaa074158c79184496c663b3e4baf33.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Nice ride, lots of cool toys.
Not too sure about having the fire extinguisher in the gas storage compartment though

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Nice ride, lots of cool toys.
Not too sure about having the fire extinguisher in the gas storage compartment though

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
Thanks

It is one of 7 extinguishers on board. This one probably quick grab while filling quads or bikes in Baja.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Had a concerned moment since Saturday's mock camping setup. It didn't appear that the dual Odyssey 1700 aux batteries were receiving a charge while the truck was running.

Tracked the concern to this solenoid, that we believed might be faulty. Turns out, the "Aux 4" dash switch activates the solenoid. It can be left on; accessory power activated. Or, can be manually activated. Happy day!! Full charging immediately.
c35fa098f77929e6f27ee069ea4f9cf2.jpg

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
There has obviously been a lot of time and thought invested in your truck. I noticed in the photo that you have a 250 amp fuse mounted below the solenoid. A friend of mine who wires race trucks told me about these breakers. He told me that they will trip if you have an issue, but the best part is, you can trouble shoot the cause of the trip without going through several fuses. They are also handy if you need to manually shut down a circuit. I did some research on my own. Some have said that a big enough surge can jump the breaker and prevent it from tripping but it was not proven, just speculation. So far, they have been solid on my truck. I run one between the alternator and the starter solenoid and one between the solar charge controller and the house battery bank.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
There has obviously been a lot of time and thought invested in your truck. I noticed in the photo that you have a 250 amp fuse mounted below the solenoid. A friend of mine who wires race trucks told me about these breakers. He told me that they will trip if you have an issue, but the best part is, you can trouble shoot the cause of the trip without going through several fuses. They are also handy if you need to manually shut down a circuit. I did some research on my own. Some have said that a big enough surge can jump the breaker and prevent it from tripping but it was not proven, just speculation. So far, they have been solid on my truck. I run one between the alternator and the starter solenoid and one between the solar charge controller and the house battery bank.

Thanks for the input. I have 2 of that style breaker in the camper and another for the aux fuel station pump. Good breakers. I will probably swap the fuse for one soon.

I also got a new/spare Smart Isolator from a Jeep buddy today. Carrying that with me as well.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Pretty sure I have decided to ditch 2 of the jerry cans, and possibly go plastic for the remaining 2. Use the extra space for firewood storage.
074aa8e67002aab043f4b135fb471e68.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Cool. I would treat it like an engine compartment on a boat. My concern with plastic containers is that they can build up a static charge if they rub against stuff.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Very true. I was just reading about that, to be sure it was not a valid option. I am so accustomed to using Rotopax, when I had my Jeep JK. Will stick with steel cans; just downsize to 10 gallons.

Freebird

Adventurer
Btw, for those who do choose to use plastic gas cans, a fine metal wire multi stranded cable works well to ground containers both in transit and in use. Especially important if using in very low humidity climate where static discharge is a LOT more likely.
Flexible and caries a static charge well. Available at big box building stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online