2005 Ford Expedition Build.....

mykdee

Adventurer
Looking good.

What do you think about painting your lower door cladding to match the new bumper? That faded grey plastic looks like poo.

HAHA, I totally agree, looks horrible!!!
I have thought about painting the side moldings, but I am afraid that it might looks worse than it does now!

ExplorerTom

Explorer
HAHA, I totally agree, looks horrible!!!
I have thought about painting the side moldings, but I am afraid that it might looks worse than it does now!
Prep is key. Degrease them, prime, paint. There are some good plastic paints out there (Duplicolor trim and bumper) that should take care of it pretty easily.

Nice, I have an 04 expedition too that we've had forever and now looking to make it our 'camper' and tow vehicle for our boat. We just bought a new car so now the Expedition sits while I plan... So far wife and I agree on a large high quality roof top tent with annex (really like the CVT Denali w/ Annex) or the Wildcoast Bigsky w/ annex. We already have a mattress that fits the back of the expedition perfect, so the plan is to make that the kids bed, or at least for our 11 year old, since we have the Eddie bauer with the factory dvd player and head sets, which is an awesome way to send kids to bed and have adult time when camping.

What kind of lift exactly did you use? I'm ready to remove the running boards on our expedition as the kids are all grown now and getting in and out is easy. I really like the bumper and light bar. You've given me alot of ideas!

mykdee

Adventurer
Nice, I have an 04 expedition too that we've had forever and now looking to make it our 'camper' and tow vehicle for our boat. We just bought a new car so now the Expedition sits while I plan... So far wife and I agree on a large high quality roof top tent with annex (really like the CVT Denali w/ Annex) or the Wildcoast Bigsky w/ annex. We already have a mattress that fits the back of the expedition perfect, so the plan is to make that the kids bed, or at least for our 11 year old, since we have the Eddie bauer with the factory dvd player and head sets, which is an awesome way to send kids to bed and have adult time when camping.

What kind of lift exactly did you use? I'm ready to remove the running boards on our expedition as the kids are all grown now and getting in and out is easy. I really like the bumper and light bar. You've given me alot of ideas!

I used the 3/2 Ready lift kit. I will also be adding the Rancho 2” quick struts in another week or two. So it will be a 5/4 lift at that point!

mykdee

Adventurer
I decided to change the roof rack up a little bit, I needed more light!!!
I built it to be able to break down and flat. I used heir joints on the support bars that way I can just unbolt and fold it out of the way. Still need to finish it up.
A9DC519D-B28B-40B6-A95A-1A17E4B07485.jpeg58C34BC8-EF2F-45C9-B3BF-CD8BF3A4EC06.jpeg2614EB7D-969C-42C6-8ED9-7FBFBB1610EF.jpeg

hillslayer12

Your minimalist bumper is really cool. I was taking a look at your roof rack and was wondering how they attach to the top of the roof. Looks like the factory rails were removed and those L brackets tuck in there somehow? Ive got a Tahoe but my factory rack has been bent and is on its way out. Looking to do something similar to your rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179