2005 Unimog U500 $310k

Msand

Importer
Hahaha this is still for sale! The Bomber sunglasses unimog built by phoenix campers.. Crazy $200,000 price drop over the past two years.

eporter

Adventurer
2005 with under 50k miles? Wow.

“Only 2,000 miles since the last oil change • Only 20,000 miles on the current tires.”

So how many years since the last oil change, and how old are those tires? What’s a set of mog tires go for?!

Brand new tires run from military surplus NOS$300 to brand new XZL2s safe to run up to 75mph for ~$2000 - each.
Is the winch electric or hydraulic?
Also, it would be very helpful to a prospective buyer to see the factory option list that came with it. The codes are easily translated.

jlcanterbury

At 24,500lbs, would this thing really be useful off road? Maybe on the wide open tundra, but I feel like this rig would be super limiting.

JumpJ

Adventurer
It sold in September for less than $250K so someone trying to make a little profit there.

KillerB

Last edited:

Tiz_Zlife

Yes, I believe a guy in Anaheim CA was asking $250k for it, he had\has a company that built dune buggy suspension parts. It was listed on here.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Why is this called the "Bomber sunglasses unimog"?
Formerly owned by Bomber Eyewear
bomber.jpg

86scotty

Cynic
At 24,500lbs, would this thing really be useful off road? Maybe on the wide open tundra, but I feel like this rig would be super limiting.

Yes, this rig is absolutely unbeatable offroad........for about 50 yards.

I think 24,500 is heavy enough to have to go through weigh stations and maybe even have special licensing or permits some places. So it's a good think you can do that 50 yards of trail so you don't have to fool with all of that nonsense.

maxbergi

Recreational vehicles hardly stop at weigh stations. Like 99% of Class a or 5th wheels do not stop.

U also don't need a cdl for any rv in almost all states (except d.c. And Hawaii if u are over 26k). U can drive a 50k lbs Prevost down the interstate. Heck this is America ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman