2006 Chevy Express AWD

Guoseph

Hi all,

Have had the van for about 20k miles now and it's been great so far. It's an 06 8 Passenger AWD van and I'm ready to spruce it up a bit for a bit of camping. I've seen some great build threads on here but unfortunately I won't be able to do a "full" build as I need to retain full passenger capabilities of the van as it still pulls double duty as a family hauler when in-laws are in town or for carpooling to the slopes in the winter.

Here's what I'd like to do and I'd appreciate any tips you guys might have:

1.) Improve insulation while retaining stock interior (also any suggestions for temporary/removable window insulation?)
2.) Add an auxiliary battery (where can it go?)
3.) Build a modular/removable sleeping platform that fits well over the wheel arches
4.) Add some simple water/toilet capabilities

Thanks for your suggestions,

Alex

4Fox

Observer
reflectix backed with some felt works great for the windows. you don't have to do the felt but it looks a little ghetto from the outside and less stealthy.

Someone on here was able to use a Jeep dual battery mount and get both batteries in the engine compartment. I'm considering just putting mine under one of my sleep benches.

My setup isn't removable, but pretty modular. I can still put in one passenger bench when needed. Look up my Uli van build for details

sorry no advice on this last one other than I'm planning on just getting a little portable toilet seat setup and a privacy tent.

45Kevin

Adventurer
We have a fold up toilet we put between the front seats at night with a wag bag in it.
We both need to get up during the night for a pee. Sometimes getting old sucks. And having the arm rests down makes getting on and off the toilet easier.
You could hang a curtain across the back of the front seats seats if you need the privacy when sitting on the john.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online