2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Expo READY!!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
If your sale falls through, I may be interested in your drawer units. I was an early user and one of the first few to get my hands on the AT Drawer set ups for the 80 series.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Sold... thanks everyone for the kind wishes and compliments. She's off to a great new home and many exciting new adventures to come.... 20140808_190046.jpg

Presto88

Adventurer
Well, congratulations (I guess) on selling the LJ. That was one mighty fine rig and I hope the new owner treats her well.

Presto88

Adventurer
It's strange how we talk about a car "going to a good home", as though it was a child or a pet or something instead of an inanimate object. I'm not criticising you, not by any means, but it just seems odd how we do that. I once refused to sell one of my cars to a nephew just because I knew he wouldn't take care of it! I had watched him abuse his cars and didn't want "Max" to be treated that way! It caused a bit of trouble in the family for a short time, but they eventually got over it. It's just that these vehicles mean something to you. Something more than just the sum of the parts.

I'm glad you were finally able to sell it, but I'm shocked it took so long. Wishing you the best of luck with your new rig and I hope the guy who bought your LJ really, really enjoys it!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Thanks. If it were just some ordinary stock run of the mill grocery getter car, no big deal. But a vehicle that you've spent tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours to customize to a lifestyle that brought invaluable memories and experiences; well you get kind of attached!!! The new rig is nice and I'm going through putting my own little touches and mods on it but that vehicle is the creation of Paul May and will always be known as the "Equipt 100 series" and I'm proud of that. But that LJ was mine from bone stock to what you saw get sold and I did that, me, a dumb jarhead, not a professional overland outfitter or designer, so I'm proud of that too. Im sure everyone on here can relate as we all have very intimate relationships with our vehicles be it a bicycle or an earth roamer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger