2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Expo READY!!

Mr. Pickles

Observer
I bookmarked this thread for ideas when I get another Expo vehicle in a few short years. Great build and sorry to see her go! Thanks for the inspiration.

Bristol

Observer
Still alive...

Your rig is still alive and well with some minor modifications. Here it is in Mexico's Copper Canyon and Big Bend Park last year.

The latest mods were for the suspension - new Old Man Emu rear springs, JKS adjustable rear track bar, welded up and supported the rear track bar axle mount. The thing drives much, much better now with the front and rear track aligned.

Also added a third battery, tent fan, some LED outside lighting, circuit breaker for the spare battery system, Rhino Rack basket for the roof, new roof platforms, ax and shovel mounts, Black Magic brakes, and moved the sand ladders to a more accessible location on the sides. The sand ladders help to theft-proof/zombie-proof the soft top as they are locked onto their mounts.

This year we've got two weeks in the Colorado Rockies planned. I'll be taking out some of the Action Packer inside storage (not the awesome drawer system) to finally make room for one rear seat so that our 2 year old can join us on this trip.

Kirk

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 201
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 199
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 195
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
YAY!! THANKS! That made my day!! Glad to hear that you're making mods that fit your needs! :) great pics! I'm sure that 220a mean green alternator doesn't even notice that 3rd battery! I followed your post on the CC trip and look forward to future trip reports. Have fun and travel safely. I hope all is well with your Marine, too! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle