2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Upgraded the Hellas with 55 watt 6000k Hids, followed this how to http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...s-13/hid-black-magic-hella-conversion-195394/

I must say if you have a pair of hellas I strongly suggest doing this, its a night and day difference and very worth it. I'd say the output is easily twice as good with really good range and spread with the 4 lights
Once i aim them better and find someone with a camera and that can take decent night shots I'll get more pictures

livetoride21

Adventurer
Upgraded the Hellas with 55 watt 6000k Hids, followed this how to http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...s-13/hid-black-magic-hella-conversion-195394/

I must say if you have a pair of hellas I strongly suggest doing this, its a night and day difference and very worth it. I'd say the output is easily twice as good with really good range and spread with the 4 lights
Once i aim them better and find someone with a camera and that can take decent night shots I'll get more pictures

Very nice!

livetoride21

Adventurer
Snagged a few picture yesterday after a quick wash from wheeling last weekend and did some researching on bumpers and what kind of design I would like etc. I also got a free winch from my dad that he used to use on his 79 Bronco, he claims its only a 4500-6500 pound winch but says its underrated and was used lots of times on the Bronco and other full size trucks so I'm fairly confident it can handle my truck, not sure on the brand because its pretty old but it'll do until I save up for a 9500 Smittybilt synthetic one

Here's the front bumper we plan on coping, I'd like all 4 of my hellas directly overtop of the winch but if I have to I'll mount my 4 black magics(Hids will be going in them at the same time of the bumpers) in front of my roof basket and do a set of Hella 1000's over top to look less stuffed in there. I would also keep the skid plate black to match the rest of the bumper to blend in a bit better

Here's the rear I'm thinking, I'd like to keep it as high up as possible so my hitch will more then likely removed and integrated into the new bumper, I'd also keep my hi lift on the roof basket

If you decide to go with a rear bumper like the last one, beware if you plan on towing any kind of trailer. you will not be able to open your tailgate.. I measured mine when I built it so that it would open with either of my trailers, but it still won't work with some. Anyways, just keep it in mind!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
If you decide to go with a rear bumper like the last one, beware if you plan on towing any kind of trailer. you will not be able to open your tailgate.. I measured mine when I built it so that it would open with either of my trailers, but it still won't work with some. Anyways, just keep it in mind!

Thanks! How would the tailgate not open when towing a trailer?

4x4junkie

Explorer
Thanks! How would the tailgate not open when towing a trailer?

The tire gate will hit up against the trailer jack, any tongue box you might have, and/or possibly even the trailer itself. I've suffered through this on my BII, it's a PITA when you can't open the tailgate or hatch because you can't swing the tire gate over far enough (forcing you to drop the trailer).
Two separate gates (one for the tire, one for a jerry can and/or other accessories) could help avoid this, as can a longer trailer tongue or (less desirable) a hitch extension.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Oh okay well the only trailer i tow is very low requiring me to use a 6" drop hitch, should clear everything with that but good to know!

OttawaXJ

Observer
How do you like the LSD for towing? I've got a 97 2.3L ranger with 8.8(28spline) 4:10s with open diff. I'm trying to decide between a full carrier LSD or cheap out and buy a lockright. 50% of the km put on this is asphalt towing a tent trailer. I'm a little luckier though, my towing capacity is 4800 as I'm extended cab and manual.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
How do you like the LSD for towing? I've got a 97 2.3L ranger with 8.8(28spline) 4:10s with open diff. I'm trying to decide between a full carrier LSD or cheap out and buy a lockright. 50% of the km put on this is asphalt towing a tent trailer. I'm a little luckier though, my towing capacity is 4800 as I'm extended cab and manual.

I'm very happy with that lsd axle but your tow rating is bs. Extended cab looses capacity do to extra vehicle weight and manual rangers get their tow ratings cut down. You have about 1500 pount limit if i recall, not even close to 4800

OttawaXJ

Observer
I'm very happy with that lsd axle but your tow rating is bs. Extended cab looses capacity do to extra vehicle weight and manual rangers get their tow ratings cut down. You have about 1500 pount limit if i recall, not even close to 4800

http://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/towing-capacity-98988/

That's one source, i'm going by what the sticker in my door says. Its a 1997, 2.3L extended cab with tow package. It says 4800lbs, Since 2001 I've been towing a 2250lbs DRY tent trailer all around ontario, Quebec, new brunswick and manitoba with it and its never had any issues. I'll grab a picture of my door sticker if I remember when I get home.

Was just wondering how the LSD is if its worth it for me to swap vs just going full detroit if I'm doing a carrier replacement.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Trust me your limit is well below that but whatever works i suppose

Where are you getting this #4800 # from though? You sure that's not just your gcwr?
I do strongly recommend the lsd though. Best thing I've done to the truck

Last edited:

Ramblejam

Observer
http://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/towing-capacity-98988/

That's one source, i'm going by what the sticker in my door says. Its a 1997, 2.3L extended cab with tow package. It says 4800lbs, Since 2001 I've been towing a 2250lbs DRY tent trailer all around ontario, Quebec, new brunswick and manitoba with it and its never had any issues. I'll grab a picture of my door sticker if I remember when I get home.

Was just wondering how the LSD is if its worth it for me to swap vs just going full detroit if I'm doing a carrier replacement.

GCWR is 4800Lbs. Max trailer weight is 1480Lbs.

ZpcL4Ul.png

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
New radio! Old one kinda **** the bed when I was painting the interior during summer and the crappy shop tape into the bezel let go letting my beautiful pioneer fall face first onto gravel making the touchscreen no longer use able

This one has a ton of features and will get installed properly, pretty excited to try the Bluetooth handsfree calling features etc, also going to invest in Sirius XM radio since I do tend to drive a lot and i love to in my dads Ranger

Best of all it was supposed to be $480 but the manager brought it down to $300 because I told him that was my budget

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Got the new radio in, this time everything was properly done! Basically had to cut out all the old wiring the previous shop did when they installed my pionner but everything works great! Going to install a switch so I don't have to turn on my parking break to watch movies probably later today
Followed this guide - http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/74792-diy-ford-ranger-double-din-install.html
Dash kit used - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...prise&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=43737
Xm Radio kit - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_91789_SiriusXM-SXV300v1-70-Visa-Card-3-Months-Free-Service.html
Overall I'm really happy with this Radio, everything sounds great and clear, I got Xm radio now and love that. The dash kit I used was great making the radio sit nice and flush with the bezel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior