2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Everywhere has different rules on lighting it seems.

I've never had any issues with lights here in Ontario, but have been stopped in Minnesota and also been asked at the border to cover or disconnect all but two forward facing auxiliary lights.

BTW, I'd cover the 500s anyhow, they have a glass lens don't they?

Yea they're a glass lens

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My 500s have been on 3 vehicles now, without covers and I have never had one drop a lens. (knock on wood). I would say all together they have approx. 500,000 kms on them between the three rigs. Needless to say, I love them and will use them until they stop making them. I have to buy another set for my Jeep Patriot now. I am going to get a set fo 500 in driving beams with 55w HID installed, then a set of some sort of hella fog light with yellow bulbs for fog.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
My 500s have been on 3 vehicles now, without covers and I have never had one drop a lens. (knock on wood). I would say all together they have approx. 500,000 kms on them between the three rigs. Needless to say, I love them and will use them until they stop making them. I have to buy another set for my Jeep Patriot now. I am going to get a set fo 500 in driving beams with 55w HID installed, then a set of some sort of hella fog light with yellow bulbs for fog.

Defiantly think I'm going to order a pair of 500's and run them with the navigators till I get another set of hellas

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Gotta love the price of the 500s. Bought a set last year for my dad but have not had a chance to install them yet, hopefully see him soon and get that done.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Anyone know where i can get some 1" iron blocks? Google didn't give my help and I want to pump up my rear just a hair to not be squatting with any extra weight in the box. Also wheel spacers, when I installed the lift spindles they pushed out the front tires a good another 1.25-1.5" so it's kinda un even, I'd like to match that with hub centric spacers so whats a good brand to use for that?

kojackJKU

4wheelparts. Should be able to get them there. I have ordered a few things from there. Any spacer that fills the bill. Don't get caught up on brand name. I ran teraflex on my Jeep. I am getting a set for my F150 now too. I am not sure what ones I will get. Whatever the local dealer is selling I would say.

kojackJKU

Not sure If I put this up...here is a set of Hella 500s with 55w 4300K HID system installed.

As you can see...they GO FAR. I have a few other shots form other people as well....I need to get some of my own setup but have been busy!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Not sure If I put this up...here is a set of Hella 500s with 55w 4300K HID system installed.

As you can see...they GO FAR. I have a few other shots form other people as well....I need to get some of my own setup but have been busy!

Damn that's really bright! Just 1 set or 2?

Last night i traded the navigator lights for a cb radio, just a cheap cb

Roughly where I'll put it

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Anyone know where i can get some 1" iron blocks? Google didn't give my help and I want to pump up my rear just a hair to not be squatting with any extra weight in the box. Also wheel spacers, when I installed the lift spindles they pushed out the front tires a good another 1.25-1.5" so it's kinda un even, I'd like to match that with hub centric spacers so whats a good brand to use for that?

Go down to the local GM dealer, the '14-16 trucks use a block that's just a bit over 1", if they put in leveling kits that lift the front and back, the factory blocks have to come out and usually end up in the scrap bin.

kojackJKU

That's just one set. All you need. And in all honesty, those photos don't show the actual light that comes from them. CB score....awesome!

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
How much would that cost? I never thought about from a dealer because 08+ rangers used 1.25" blocks

Go to the wreckers, they often have a box or pile of assorted blocks from trucks they pull diffs from. Usually $20 will do the trick. Or if you find out who puts in the level kits, buy them a tray of coffees.

kojackJKU

Go to the wreckers, they often have a box or pile of assorted blocks from trucks they pull diffs from. Usually $20 will do the trick. Or if you find out who puts in the level kits, buy them a tray of coffees.

Great advice there! Coffee gets you far these days!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I'll figure out something for the blocks, just need a little height because it sits so level the second i add weight instant squat.

As for lights i was thinking a pair of hella 700 in the middle and 500 on the outer across my bumper then eventually hid convert them. Definitely bright enough for the darkest trails

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I have a spare set in my tool box, if you want them pay shipping from Thunder bay, you can have them. Send a PM. I can get them pretty much anytime a level kit gets put in. Then you will just have to get u bolts made at a spring shop.
They are 1 1/8" tall, 2.5" wide, 6" long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman