2006 Mitsubishi Fuso with Flatbed Camper (sold)

jhrodd

Adventurer
I would really like to just sell the 2007 S&S 11FBSC Camper (listed in the Camper section for $8,000 ) but it fits the truck so well I would let the whole rig go for $30,000 The FE 140 has about 57,000 miles, 4.9 diesel 4 cylinder with 6 spd Aisin auto transmission, front and rear hitches, 4 wheel disc brakes with 2 calipers on each disc. It is 2 wheel drive and in Bellingham, WA. Jeff (360)671-3711

camper.jpg

BELLINGHAM027a.jpg

DSCN1699_zpsfjzk2z7p.jpg

DSCN1701_zpshem4mpci.jpg

Last edited:

drlee

Observer
Looks like you would have to take the camper off to tilt cab forward to get to engine, which would not be fun in a pinch.

jhrodd

Adventurer
Looks like you would have to take the camper off to tilt cab forward to get to engine, which would not be fun in a pinch.
True, but you only need to tilt the cab for major service. The fuel filter, batteries, electronics, are all frame mounted. There's a button on the dash to check the oil level. The crew cab versions of this and the other cab overs don't even tilt. Besides it only takes a couple of minutes with "Fast Guns" and remote control jacks.

rpgrayso

Very slick looking rig. A couple of questions for you. What is its towing capacity? And, what sort of mpg do you get? Thanks.

Richard

jhrodd

Adventurer
The GCWR is 19,503 and it weighs about 12,000 loaded up so I guess that means it can tow 7,503 . The last time I kept track of the fuel mileage it ranged from 11 mpg to 14 mpg depending on wind, grade, etc. This load didn't slow it down any :

IMG_0145.jpg

Motoprof14

Fuso

Any thoughts on the possibility of modifying/extending the cab to add two seats for kids? I'd be very interested in the rig if this were feasible.

jhrodd

Adventurer
Any thoughts on the possibility of modifying/extending the cab to add two seats for kids? I'd be very interested in the rig if this were feasible.

They make a crew cab version,you could buy one and put the camper on it. It would be a big undertaking to stretch the single cab.

mits_FE145_Crew.jpg

Plywoody

Looks solid. What is the comfortable cruising speed and range?
I had a 92 NPR based camper that was "happy" at 56mph on the flat and could crawl up just about anything at 20mph in 2nd gear.
Mike

jhrodd

Adventurer
I never cruise any faster than 65-70 mph indicated speed. Mitsubishi claims the top speed is 75 mph which would be closer to 80 on the speedo. The truck has huge sway bars and feels very steady in high winds. We were in a brutal wind storm in the painted desert and although we slowed down quite a bit it never felt unstable.

jhrodd

Adventurer
Yes. I've had a lot of calls and questions but no lookers. I'll probably have to return the camper to it's original pickup truck slide in state in order to sell it.

camper3.jpg

Attachments

• P4080003.JPG
    P4080003.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 644

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears