2006 Toyota Land Cruiser - 86K and Super Clean - Dallas, TX

pdsftw

Adventurer
I am listing my 2006 Toyota Landcruiser.

I searched for a very long time before deciding on this particular car. It's incredibly clean throughout and EVERYTHING works - all electronics, all buttons, all mechanical, etc. Check out the pictures - even the driver's seat is in great condition.

So, when I bought this, I did so with the intention of making it my traveling/camping/expedition rig. I looked far and wide for a model that hadnt been abused and was ready to be converted (for instance, I didnt want the air suspension because they are often a weak point and make suspension modification more difficult). About a week after finding this car and lining up all the parts and service, I found the ultimate rig just hours from Dallas (and found it on this board - HERE). I had to jump on it and sadly, I now dont have a use for this machine.

So, if you want a car that has been vetted by someone who cares about the car they buy, check this one out. I had this car inspected top to bottom at Toyota of Richardson and it's mechanically sound. It is getting close to 90K miles, so it would be time to start thinking about the preventative/prescribed 90K service shortly (belts/water pump/etc). On that note, I am throwing on a new serpentine belt this weekend regardless as I have access to a shop/lifts. Already had it bought and figured I might as well as it's a relatively easy install.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. Here is a link to the Carfax:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/Report.cfx?inventoryId=399601999&consumerZip=75243&source=CFX

It was owned by one older couple from West Texas. They only put on about 10K miles a year since buying it new and it was serviced at their local Toyota dealership. They traded it in recently for a full size Range Rover and that's when I moved in.

The good:

- All electrical works. All buttons, all switches, all lights, EVERYTHING.
- The interior is in good condition - leather is nice throughout, no rips, major scuffs, etc.
- Has navigation system with bluetooth. Satellite radio ready, nice sound system with no blown speakers.
- 3rd row seats
- Rear air controls - separate controllable system for 2nd and 3rd row
- Rear sound controls - ability to have separate headphones for rear DVD system.
- Engine compartment is really clean - nice hoses, (adding new belts this weekend).
- Tires are stock size and still have good tread (I was going to immediately replace them with the build I was doing, but the stock ones are still great).

Considerations:
- There are 2-3 small nicks in the paint. Very small.
- There is a minor dent in the rear hatch.
- The headlights are fogging a little (like all toyota/lexus - and anyone with plastic headlights for that matter). Headlights still work fine and they can be cleaned with some patience, but a heads up.
- at about 87K miles, it's not new. It is also near the recommended 90K service interval which calls for the following (if you feel like doing it all at once)

Timing belt
Serpentine belt
H2O pump / with gasket
Thermostat / with gasket
Drain block / flush radiator
Idler pulleys
Crank Seal
Cam seal x2

I would check out Pratt Automotive (817-249-0800) in Fort Worth or Lovefield Auto in Dallas for quality independent service. That FULL service should cost $500 in parts and about the same in labor. A full dealership is going to charge about $1500+

So, save yourself the hassle of dealing with shady used car people ( I went and looked at about 10 Land Cruisers in the last 3-4 months and there are definitely some polished up pieces of junk out there!).

Asking $24,500.

7pF8ntu.png

1Z7vCmQ.png

v8k4UyE.png

ne1juTH.png

7phvOZh.png

nMQjsng.png

bmaLw9A.png

Itf6F6S.png

OpuuKa9.png

VcJ9B2a.png

jQfgV1A.png

ei7HI7J.png

Thanks for the time.

p nut

butter
Curious why the headlights are foggy? They are glass, so should not develop the usual haze of plastic units.

But looks like a very clean vehicle. Price is great as well. Good luck with the sale and with the Tacoma.

Sedonut

Adventurer
Service charge

My Lexus dealer charged silghtly over $3000 for the timing belt water pump and fluid change service. For essentially the same vehicle. Get an estimate, it's a biggie.

pdsftw

Adventurer
My Lexus dealer charged silghtly over $3000 for the timing belt water pump and fluid change service. For essentially the same vehicle. Get an estimate, it's a biggie.

....I have priced it many times. Going to a dealership, and especially a Lexus one, you are going to pay a lot more.

pdsftw

Adventurer
Actually, the later 100 series have plastic headlights (I want to say they switched in about '03). Wish they were glass!

I have looked at them more closely recently and it's mainly surface haze. I think some polishing compound should take care of most of it. We'll see.

mph

Expedition Leader
Wow...crazy money. Sorry u had to pay that...

great cruiser...glws

pdsftw

Adventurer
Update

Alright, so after getting under the hood yesterday, it looks like a lot of the maintenance has been recently done. The belt was VERY new - I couldnt find one crack in it and there wasnt any grime/grit/etc on there either. There were what looked like recent marks on the tensioner pulley indicating that it might have been recently service. After looking around more closely, frankly the idler/etc pulleys look new and the alternator appears to be brand new as well - totally mint condition. The water pump is not leaking though there is a little buildup around there indicating that at one point, it might have. This has me thinking that the 90K service may have been performed.

That said, I did see some weeping from the valve cover gaskets, so I would guess those have not been replaced. Nothing serious. I wiped it and will check it again after driving a few times.

Anyway, all this is to say, that the engine looks better than I figured and was told. Keep in mind, I am not a certified mechanic, but I do most of my own work (owned 3 4Runners previously and serviced them).

One other note: the spare tires is a different make from the 4 mounted. THe 4 mounted are Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts in stock 265/65/18 size. My guess is that the spare is original and they just mounted 4 new ones.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Wow, I paid $500 for the same service. Shop around, my friend.

Good luck with the sale, looks like a nice example!

pdsftw

Adventurer
Yeah, after reading some service manuals, I am absolutely certain 'they' write in unnecessary steps to perform a certain service that allows them to charge a set amount of hours. I mean, looking at what they call for when changing an alternator is a JOKE - they advocate draining coolant just so one hose fitting can be removed....OR you can just push it to the side! Haha, what a joke. I can't imagine that a mechanic doing those types of services would waste the time to perform all steps...but they certainly will charge for them.

Anyway, we've all been there, seen/done that.

gearguywb

Explorer
If the timing belt was changed you should see a sticker under the hood with the date/mileage (obviously if it was used). Otherwise, no real way to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears