2007.5 GMC C5500 4x4 CREWCAB - build prepped

Blackdogvan

Plan was to build this into a family camper but things change. Chassis has been prepared for an overland build (details below) & is in Victoria BC.

TRUCK:
- 2007.5 GMC C5500 4x4
- 243" WB / 121" CA (well suited to a 16-18' floor habitat)
- 153,000km (95,000miles)
- 6.6L LMM Duramax / 6spd HD Allison Transmission
- Exhaust brake
- Upfitter switches
- FASS Lift Pump
- New brakes all corners (pads and rotors)
- New ball joints
- 5.13 gears - rear posi diff
- Power windows, mirrors, AC, Air Ride seats (with compressor)
- New headliner
- Clean frame
- No rust on cab
- LED headlights

UPGRADES:
- REAR AXLE: Kelderman Air Ride suspension
- Bluetooth wireless air control system
- FRONT AXLE: Deaver HD Leaf Springs
- FASS Lift pump
- Super Single conversion - StazWorks 20" wheels - Pirelli Pista 335/85R20 (7250lb rated) (not installed yet)

I searched for a long time for this truck looking for a low mileage, long wheel base, crew cab with all factory options and low hours. This turned out to be a very difficult search but this truck ticked all of the boxes.

The suspension upgrades have had quite a shocking impact on the drivability and comfort of this chassis going from a rough work truck to extremely smooth and comfortable.

Duramax engine purrs like a kitten and has tons of power.

Our plan was to build a cabover habitiat with a 17.5' floor with DDG Overland & they have a subframe designed specifically for this truck.

Available with the truck are a pair of Sheel-Mann Vario XL seats (black, heated with armrests)

$75,000CAD ($56,250USD)

IMG_5401 capture.JPGIMG_8215.jpgDDGO_C5500_Front resize.JPGDDGO_C5500_Rear resize.JPG
DDGO_C5500_Front resize.JPG
IMG_8215.jpg

Last edited:

Blackdogvan

It gets far better than I was expecting unloaded, from speaking with owners of class C coaches built on the same chassis 12-16 MPG loaded seems to be the range.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Damn, that's shocking good MPG. Thanks @Blackdogvan and @Mattersnots. I was expecting 6-8 mpg, frankly.
That is what I get with my 8.1-liter gas engine in my C4500. Maybe 10 mpg if I keep my foot out of acceleration. It must ride like a creampuff with both air-ride seats and the Kelderman Air Ride suspension. It maybe should be rebadged with a Caddilac emblem ;)

A pretty rare truck with tons of great options and equipment already installed. This should go quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998