- PRG Products extended stainless steel brake lines

Rear Suspension:
- Custom leaf springs
- Custom length Bilstien rear shocks
- PRG Products adjustable shackles
- PRG Products extended stainless steel brake lines

Drivetrain:
- SAW/PRG extended length chromoly axles
- Swapped the R180 front diff for another one with 3:36 gears (to match the rear axle)
- Swapped the rear axle for a Nissan M226 with an Electronic locker
- Tom Woods double cardan custom drive shaft

Powertrain:
- B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler with Temp controlled fan
- B&M Transmission temp gauge
- Gibson Stainless Steel catback exhaust
- Doug Thorley secondary "cat-delete" pipes
- Rear diff breather tube routed into side of cabin

Tires:
- 285/75R16 Goodyear Dura Tracs (running dyna beads in the tires)
- wheel spacers on the rear axle (The titan suspension widens the front track width by 3" on each side. I put 1.5" spacers on the back to try and remove atleast some of that difference)

Exterior & Armor:
- Recovery points on front and rear bumpers
- DepHep drop in roof rack
- 30" LED light bar on the roof and multiple 3" CREE chip LED driving lights around the truck
- Line-X on front and rear bumpers and corner trim
- Heftyfabworks full skid plate set (3/16" steel)
- Heftyfabworks rock sliders
- Shrockworks front bumper

Interior:
- Cobra CB (would like to add a VHF radio at some point too)
- Blue Sea Fuse Block (picture added below of the full wiring diagram)

Recovery Gear:
- 48" Hi-lift jack under back passenger seat
- 30' 17000lb ARB snatch strap in rear cargo compartment
- ARB tire repair kit in rear cargo compartment
- ARB EZ tire deflator
- 30' standard tow strap in roof rack bin
- E-tool in roof rack bin
- other basic stuff, gloves, flashlights etc stashed throughout the vehicle

Wants/Needs/Upcoming mods:
-winch
-rear bumper w/ tire carrier
-M205 (haven't decided for sure on this, I mostly want it for the accessibility of extra half shafts)
-VHF/UHF (undecided on configuration, at this point I carry a handheld Yaesu VX7R)

Other Gear list:
- General emergency kit (re-packed roadside kit with signaling items, medical kit, etc)
Cargo shelf:
- Eno hammock
- Eno bug net
- Eno rain fly
- Eno slap straps
- poncho liner
- Emergency "space" blanket
- Koppen camp pillow
- Rain/Winter coat (hats and gloves)
- Collapsible fishing rod
- Small amount of tackle
- 100' 550 cord
- Military IR/LED strobe
"Molle" Seat covers:
- Extra AA and AAA batteries
- Headlamp
- FRS Radios
- CRKT fixed blade
- Gerber Multi-tool
- Garmin GPS
- AOR 8200 handheld scanner
Compartment under rear cargo area:
- Old combat boots
- Old cover alls and other trail repair type clothing
- Tarp
- Several lengths of various ropes
- Trying to find a way to fit my 0* bag here
Pockets in rear cargo area:
- Basic medical kit
- Random lights and rope etc
DSCF2715.jpg

5D2_35515-1.jpg

IMG_3750-2.jpg

39452749-EditedDSC_5608.jpg

04fca47a-8aac-4249-98ac-19c2e94178e5_zpsfd53c1fb.jpg

39452748-EditedDSC_5527.jpg

f69cb3b3-4985-4dfc-872b-8504a4d5ccd8_zps091690a5.jpg

84b20a56-5e77-428e-a9bb-911454879659_zpsc826566a.jpg

Last edited:

Chris924

Also, if anyone knows who to contact about getting your screen name changed, please point me in that direction. I've had an account on here for a long time actually but just never got back on, there's a screen name I use commonly on other forums that I'd like to change this over to.

Chris924

Updated the build.
So, several months ago I bought a BMW F650GS Dakar. I was racking up mileage on the Xterra and with the money put into that vehicle I would like to have it run for many years to come. I had always wanted a bike like this so now was the perfect time to buy it. I have not done any modifications to it so far. Mostly I've been riding the crap out of it and having fun. It's a 2006 with 15k miles on it so it should be running for a long time. The previous owner has done a few mods, better foot pegs etc, but this bike will likely remain fairly stock for a while as it is a pretty capable bike as is. It also came with a set of knobby tires and a different sprocket to basically allow lower gearing while offroad. At this point I still have to do my research on that though and learn how to work on the bike etc so I can do the maintenance and begin modding it.
F650GSDakar.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the Dakar, I had an R850r for quite a while; sometimes I miss the Beemer. Great looking X as well, that Titan Swap is stellar.

Chris924

Congrats on the Dakar, I had an R850r for quite a while; sometimes I miss the Beemer. Great looking X as well, that Titan Swap is stellar.

Thanks! Ya the bike has been a ton of fun so far. I ride it to work everyday to save gas over the xterra lol. Can't wait until summer to have gotten some experience on it and start using it properly.

Chris924

I need to update this but I swapped out the rear axle....again. I found a very low mileage M226 that literally still had all the stickers from the factory etc etc so I bought it since the other one I had out in was fairly high miles.
I rebuilt the old one and sold it.
Since I was spending the money in the interest of preventing maintenance down the road I decided to do something about the driveline vibrations as well. I have about 5" of lift with 3* shims on the rear axle but it wasn't good enough. I was looking at having to get rid of some of that lift to get the vibrations away. Anyways, I decided to call Tom Woods out in Utah an have them build me a driveshaft. I pulled my old driveshaft, removed the slip yoke and sent it off. Two weeks later I got a custom driveshaft back with a double cardan top and a single u joint at the bottom. Absolutely worth the money.

On a side not, that all happened over te last couple weeks so I was riding the Dakar the whole time haha. Of course the 2 weeks I decide to do all this it stayed around 30* the first week and rained every single day and te second was just plain bitter cold with some snow. I really enjoy riding that bike but those two weeks challenged that haha

Chris924

Updated the build alot. I put the wiring diagrams up so people can use them if they want. I also linked the "How-To" threads that I made on another forum. They are on the axle install and the wiring of the electronic locker since my truck did not come stock with one. I also linked the thread to the research I did on the transmission cooler. For those that have dealt with the Xterra/Titan/Frontier/Pathfinder issue of the radiator coolant mixing with the ATF, the cooler is a great option. I bypassed the radiator to avoid any risk there and routed the ATF straight into this cooler. I have an over ride switch and a temp controlled switch on the fan so it provides the extra cooling that was lost from bypassing the radiator. I've been monitoring the temp gauge for the last 6+ months and the ATF stays right around 160 or so and even cooler on the highway. On average though the temps range from 160 to 180. Before the manual override I did see temps up towards 200+ when doing alot of back and forth wheeling over the summer where the transmission was struggling alot. I'm hoping the override though and just having the fan constantly on during those times will change that pretty well.

Last edited:

Chris924

I know the screen name. I was on va4X4 at one point and recognize it from there. Is he down towards the coast. Not sure I've ever met him but probably seen him on one of the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle