Observer
Sliders are on!!!

Installed my sliders today...

rockslidersinstalled001.jpg

rockslidersinstalled004.jpg

spencerswahoos

Observer
Progress on lighting

Had a little bit of time yesterday evening and some more today to work on my lights.

Yesterday I ran the main power wire from the engine compartment to the rear cargo area and placed my aux fuse block.
fuseblock001.jpg

Today I ran the power and ground wires for my roof lights.
VisionX lights on Xoskel lo pro light bar
Rooflightwiring001.jpg

You can kinda see here where the power wires start to go into the rear hatch
Rooflightwiring002.jpg

Here is a pic where the wires go into the cargo area via a grommet
Rooflightwiring003.jpg

Lastly is a pic of the power wires placed neatly in my cargo area
Rooflightwiring004.jpg

I used 12 gauge wire for power and grounds. I ran the power wires down the left side of the roof rack. The ground wires are connected to the factory roof rack bolts up top. Anyways that's it for now, don't know when I will get to work on it some more.

IZVERG

Adventurer
Spence, where's you get your 4 AWG wire for the aux fuse box? Local car audio shop? My hardware store stopped at 10.

spencerswahoos

Observer
Looking good. Gotta love the black :victory:

I'm diggin' the NXRocks sliders too.

Thank you, as much as the black stays dirty; I don't really mind. It kind of adds character to the truck. The rock sliders are actually AJ's Offroad Armour super squares, the skid plates are NXRocks. Both make quality products that is shown in their craftsmanship.

spencerswahoos

Observer
A couple small updates... I replaced my LOBO rack for a Raingler large ceiling net. Same amount of stuff as in my LOBO and better visibility out the rear window.
Rainglerlargeceilingnet001.jpg

Last edited:

spencerswahoos

Observer
Update on Aux Lighting Install

I had some time yesterday to fool with my aux lighting project. I got the relays placed; connected the switches and lights to the relays; connected the power from the aux fuse block to the relays; and ran the grounds for the relays and fuse block. I have a little bit more to do, but here is a pic showing some progress. This is prior to the grounds being run. The blue tape is temporary to just help me keep everything sorted.

lightwiring1.jpg

spencerswahoos

Observer
Rocker switches now light up!

After consulting Rev and Jim from OTRATTW today I was able to get power to my switches. I still have some bugs to work out with the lighting, as of right now only the auxillary backup lights will work. Here are some pics of the switches. These things are quality and fit the stock location well.

Lower lights lit with parking lights turned on
poweredswitches2001.jpg

Upper lights lit when switch is activated
poweredswitches2002.jpg

poweredswitches2006.jpg

For anyone interested in these switches, I purchased them here
http://www.otrattw.com/index.php

spencerswahoos

Observer
Aux lighting done (I think)

Well, I think that I have all of the gremlins out of my aux lighting project (only time will tell). Here are some daytime pics

Roof lights
lights2001.jpg

Driving lights
lights2003.jpg

Fog lights
lights2004.jpg

Backup lights
lights2005.jpg

I need to give credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for all of the answers to my questions and writeups provided by many members on thenewx.org, especially Rev, I don't know if I would have ever considered tackling this on my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78