2008 Earthroamer XV-LT $220,000

twclaycamp

2008 Earthroamer XV-LT #71 with 72k miles and in great condition.

Price $220,000

See below for a list of specs and upgrades.

Ford F550 Chassis, 6.4L Powerstroke
Diesel particulate filter was removed but can be reinstalled depending on county regulations.
Edge performance monitor with temp alarms set.
Motor was inspected and oil tested at 61K
New upper and lower ball joints, steering and trackbar.
Kelderman Air suspension (Airlift system like newer models)
DBL Design super single wheels
Good Year G275 MSA 335/80 R20 tires with 11k on them. Spare is new.
Vehicle was Wrapped with 3M Matte Military Green
Smoked marker lights
Go Rhino running boards
Rhino lined lower quarter, fenders and camper exterior doors.
Warn 16,000lb winch front and rear
Custom spare tire remover that uses rear winch
Oasis onboard air compressor
Cold weather package cushions to block off truck cab to retain heat
Massive King size bed over cab with TV
Keurig coffee maker
90 Gal Fuel
90 Gal Water
25 Gal Gray Water
Cassette style black water
Diesel Hydronic heater
525 Watts Solar
2 Relion Lithium Ion 600amp Batteries (House Battery)
Upgraded Victron charging system, Inverter, Solar, Orion bank, and touchscreen monitor done by ReParadise in SLC.
Dual Alternators
Induction cook top
Microwave convection oven
Hidden safe

Walk around and start up video Below

IMG_6227.jpeg
IMG_6230.jpeg
IMG_6233.jpeg
IMG_6240.jpeg
IMG_6274.jpeg
IMG_6275.jpeg
IMG_6280.jpeg
IMG_6305.jpeg
IMG_6310.jpeg
IMG_6281.jpeg

robertmspeakout

I've seen this rig in so many places around Utah. It's a showstopper for sure. I'm shocked it's as old as a 2008. Looks much newer than that in person. GLWS!

MTBYanik

Would anybody know the challenges with reinstalling a DPF?
I live in california, so that would be the first thing I would have to get sorted out if purchasing this rig.

sam-aye-am

Would anybody know the challenges with reinstalling a DPF?
I live in california, so that would be the first thing I would have to get sorted out if purchasing this rig.

Not all that different from normal exhaust work for the mechanical piece. I see the real challenge being:

1. Making sure you have the sensors, the associated wiring, etc and that they function properly.

2. Restoring the ecu/pcm tune to stock.

I’m sure if you had all the correct parts in satisfactory condition, any ford dealership and most diesel specification shops could do it all for you. You’ll probably need to ensure it has any related emissions recalls completed prior to registration in CA anyway. Might get more leeway if it is over 14k GVWR as the rules change at that point, but I’ve never owned one so don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twclaycamp

I have the DPF filter. It would just need to be welded back into the exhaust system and the computer reprogrammed. The diesel shop that removed it could for sure reinstall it for you. But as Sam-aye-am mentioned about vehicles over 14k, and it being a recreational vehicle, it might have different regulations even in CA.

GAPMN

Why type of air conditioning system does it have? How long can the house batts run the ac on like a Nintey degree day?

twclaycamp

Why type of air conditioning system does it have? How long can the house batts run the ac on like a Nintey degree day?
It’s a Sharp unit. I’ll have to get back to you on the exact model but it will run for a couple hours no problem on the batteries. It also depends on how much solar you’re generating.

It’s a Sharp unit. I’ll have to get back to you on the exact model but it will run for a couple hours no problem on the batteries. It also depends on how much solar you’re generating.

I might be able to offer some insight. I actually own ER #81, also a 2008 XV-LT.

The rear AC pulls about 7-800W per the panel, and works tremendously well, I think, for such a small unit (with that power draw).

I was wondering about this as well, but if by "2 Relion Lithium Ion 600amp Batteries (House Battery)" this means 1200Ah of battery at 12V, then this is 14.4 kWh or enough to run that AC for 10+hr, assuming lights, water pump, fan, etc. are being used.

I'm guessing though, as I'm not seeing that Relion make a 600Ah Li battery(???) that the total (from 2 batteries) is actually 600Ah, meaning 7200kWh or more like half the above amount. (?????)

A previous owner of my rig installed 2 extra 255Ah Deep cycle gel batteries, but I've converted the entire house battery system to Lithium, so I (also?) have 1200Ah of Lithium now. (The extra two batteries take-up the majority of two of the rear cabinet shelves right next to the bathroom.)

As far as boondoocking, these rigs are set up to use the engine (dual alternator) as a generator to run the A/C, for instance, as needed, so that's worth considering. (FWIW, my rig ALSO has an aftermarket generator, mounted at the rear underside, which unfortunately substantially impacts my departure angle. As part of the Lithium conversion I had to install a Lithium "starter" battery to give enough cold cranking amps to get the generator going. The old AGM's weren't cutting it anymore, and while the Li house batteries should / could have on paper been just barely sufficient CCA-wise, I think there was too much voltage drop getting power to the gen-set to get her up and running without me adding in a separate started battery for the generator.)

Anyway, these rigs are really designed to use the engine to support high power demand like an A/C. (Part of why they have dual diesel tanks amounting to in this case 90gal.)

-Scott

-S

-S

causa

Adventurer
Great looking EarthRoamer! Previous owners?

Until now I had no idea what a GoodYear G275 cost. How many miles could one reasonably expect to see on a regularly rotated set of four? If you ran the size comparable Continentals prior to the GoodYears, would appreciate your driving impression between the two for both on road and off-road.

Reactions: zip

twclaycamp

I might be able to offer some insight. I actually own ER #81, also a 2008 XV-LT.

The rear AC pulls about 7-800W per the panel, and works tremendously well, I think, for such a small unit (with that power draw).

I was wondering about this as well, but if by "2 Relion Lithium Ion 600amp Batteries (House Battery)" this means 1200Ah of battery at 12V, then this is 14.4 kWh or enough to run that AC for 10+hr, assuming lights, water pump, fan, etc. are being used.

I'm guessing though, as I'm not seeing that Relion make a 600Ah Li battery(???) that the total (from 2 batteries) is actually 600Ah, meaning 7200kWh or more like half the above amount. (?????)

A previous owner of my rig installed 2 extra 255Ah Deep cycle gel batteries, but I've converted the entire house battery system to Lithium, so I (also?) have 1200Ah of Lithium now. (The extra two batteries take-up the majority of two of the rear cabinet shelves right next to the bathroom.)

As far as boondoocking, these rigs are set up to use the engine (dual alternator) as a generator to run the A/C, for instance, as needed, so that's worth considering. (FWIW, my rig ALSO has an aftermarket generator, mounted at the rear underside, which unfortunately substantially impacts my departure angle. As part of the Lithium conversion I had to install a Lithium "starter" battery to give enough cold cranking amps to get the generator going. The old AGM's weren't cutting it anymore, and while the Li house batteries should / could have on paper been just barely sufficient CCA-wise, I think there was too much voltage drop getting power to the gen-set to get her up and running without me adding in a separate started battery for the generator.)

Anyway, these rigs are really designed to use the engine to support high power demand like an A/C. (Part of why they have dual diesel tanks amounting to in this case 90gal.)

-Scott

-S

-S
Thank you Scott for chiming in. Yes it is 600ah total for the Li batteries.

twclaycamp

Great looking EarthRoamer! Previous owners?

Until now I had no idea what a GoodYear G275 cost. How many miles could one reasonably expect to see on a regularly rotated set of four? If you ran the size comparable Continentals prior to the GoodYears, would appreciate your driving impression between the two for both on road and off-road.
Ive only driven this rig with the GoodYear G275 so I could not tell you the difference in driving but as far as wear they are said to get around 40K miles vs the 18k that the Continentals get.

Reactions: zip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998