2009 Silver Eagle M1102 Hum-Vee Trailer, Like New (Kansas City) $1750

Deltaflyer

2009 Silver Eagle M1102 HMMVV Tactical Trailer. It has surge brakes and independent parking brakes activated by hand levers. This trailer was bought in 2009 and was never used according to the army rep. The tires are completely new and still have whiskers. This would be the perfect trailer for prepping or converting to a very capable off-road camping trailer. I will have the title and paperwork necessary to license this trailer in a few days. The data plate states it weighs 1460 pounds empty and will carry a 2740 pound payload. I was able to pull it with no issues behind my Tacoma. It has a 24v electrical system but light conversion wire harnesses can be bought for around $35.00. Call or text is preferred. The original purchase price was $8954.00. In the picture, the water on the floor below it is snow melt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 403
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 1,507
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Expedition Portal is a great forum to share builds and advice, or even trade and sell gear. However, you just created an account on ExpeditionPortal tonight, and your first and only post is to try and sell a M1102 at an incredibly high price, that you haven't even been able to sell for much less on craigslist. On this forum, you are asking $2,250 for a trailer you just purchased for $775 on GovPlanet, and you are asking $450 less on your 10 day old $1,800 Craigslist ad!! You're even offering it for $1750 on Pirate4x4? Fellow Expedition Portal members can hold out for a good M1101/M1102 trailer already Titled, on CL or eBay for a fair price of about $1,100 if they don't want to bother with a Military Auction. Yours is in great condition, and has new tires which likely replaced the original dry rotted tires, but It certainly is not new as you have it listed here. It is missing the Soft Top, 8x Bow Mounts, 4x Bows, and the 3x Bow Rigidity Plates. There was pintle wear in the original auction photos, and all 4x Clevis Shackles show wear, which means it has been both pulled and Air Lifted. Plus, there is a really big dent in the bed. Exaggerating it's condition and asking an even higher price from the members of this forum is disrespectful and not fair practice for this forum.

http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/T...ilver-Eagle-M1102-Cargo-Trailer-Kansas/546026
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4839891652.html
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/comp...m1102-hmmwv-trailers-sale-2.html#post29750282

Last edited:
I couldn't help it Matt. Lol. I'm not even against people buying these to resell at a markup for the sake of title and convenience. They are super cheap, and there is money to be made. But joining forums for the sole purpose of pawning stuff to members at rediculous prices is too much. And to ask a different price on every forum is an insult. We do our homework, as I think I showed. I'm sure it's not the quick buck he thought it would be.

Deltaflyer

BenjaminAsher, thanks for your analysis, and thank you for telling me there's a non existent dent in the bed. I apologize that I haven't updated the price in here as quickly as I should have. Price is $1750.00. Thanks for your replies.

BenjaminAsher, thanks for your analysis, and thank you for telling me there's a non existent dent in the bed. I apologize that I haven't updated the price in here as quickly as I should have. Price is $1750.00. Thanks for your replies.

The dent is dead center in the bed, where the standing water is in your CL photos. Also visible in the original GovPlanet listing. It's actually pretty common, because when the rubber tie down straps holding the leg stabilizers break from UV exposure, they throw the unsecured stabilizers in the bed for safety while being towed. One front stabilizer was missing in the photos of the GovPlanet listing, so it had been thrown in the back causing the dent at some time during storage at the base. It's a really nice trailer, but New is a big difference from stored 5 years outdoors. That's why the CARC paint is reapplied every 5-10 years.

I wish you luck selling it at a markup for your troubles, but took offense to stating it as New on this Forum and asking $2,250, while listing on CL as like New for only $1,800. We look out for each other on this forum. You even hijacked someone else's Pirate4x4 "M1101 trailer for sale" listing to try and offer yours? You're just not showing polite forum edicate.

Cheers, and good luck,

Wingman

Damn, I need to pick your brain BenjaminAsher! I am looking at one of these to use for a overland trailer! Point me in the right direction!

Chaos

Observer
Kudos Benjamin!!

Wingman, someone chime in if I'm wrong, I believe this trailer is an all aluminum construction, while it would be ideal for weight savings not so ideal if you want to modify it (welding)....unless of course you're a certified aluminum welder! If not perhaps an M101A2 or M101A3 might be better for you...keep in mind that the 37" Goodyear M/T runflat military tires on hutchinson bead locks are wicked bad...they're also wicked heavy...220 lbs each wheel...if you have any plans n replacing the axles to match your rig the M101A2 is likely the best choice.

Kudos Benjamin!!

Wingman, someone chime in if I'm wrong, I believe this trailer is an all aluminum construction, while it would be ideal for weight savings not so ideal if you want to modify it (welding)....unless of course you're a certified aluminum welder! If not perhaps an M101A2 or M101A3 might be better for you...keep in mind that the 37" Goodyear M/T runflat military tires on hutchinson bead locks are wicked bad...they're also wicked heavy...220 lbs each wheel...if you have any plans n replacing the axles to match your rig the M101A2 is likely the best choice.

The entire lower frame is Steel. Also, there are countersunk bolt mounts at the top of all 4 corners, and two spots between on each side. This is were the Steel Bow Mounts attach. Each Bow Mount is attached with 4 heavy bolts, and you can buy extra bow mounts pretty cheap. You can either weld a tubular frame directly to the Bow Mounts, or weld a frame to a sheet of steel running down each side than is bolted to the existing mounting points. This is even better, because you can make something removable, that bolts to very strong preexisting mounting points.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Caveat emptor & theres 2 other posts for what looks like the same seller with a different username

Xrunner

Explorer
Something is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.

Personally, I would pay over GovPlanet prices to avoid the registration, paperwork, bidding, paperwork, driving, pickup, paperwork, registration... and more paperwork. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle