2010 Ford E450 4x4 Diesel - Only 22k Miles!

B350

Observer
2010 Ford E450 4x4 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel
ONLY 21,620 miles!
Super clean, rust-free, low mileage, all original van. The van reflects the low mileage and looks and drives like new. It was just retired from a small municipality where it was part of the search and rescue squad. Everything inside and out is clean, clean, clean. It’s as close to new as you’ll likely see.

Van Specs: (VIN: 1FDXE4FP1ADA16564 )
  • E450 Super Duty chassis, 158” wheelbase
  • Power locks, windows, mirrors, cruise control
  • 6.0L diesel with dual 120 amp alternators and engine block heater
  • Advanced 4x4 conversion with Dana 60 axles (4.56 gear ration), Warn manual locking hubs, Rancho shocks (RS 999115), front and rear sway bars
  • 5R110 TorqShift 5-speed transmission, NP273F transfer case with floor shifter
  • Fresh oil change with fully synthetic Rotella T6 and WIX filter, fresh transmission fluid as well
  • Custom bug screen cover for grill/radiator
  • 55 gallon fuel tank
  • Ford Spec'd Weights:
    • GAWR - Front 5000 lbs (spec given in 2wd trim)
    • GAWR - Rear 9500 lbs
    • Curb Weight - Front 3512 lbs
    • Curb Weight - Rear 2558 lbs
    • GVWR - 14500 lbs
    • GCWR - 20000 lbs

The following are points of full disclosure regarding items affected by the ambulance conversion:
  • There were marker lights in each of the fenders that were removed.
  • The fiberglass cab-back was attached as a temporary fitment meaning it is not 100% sealed off at the floor and does not have a solid rear window.
  • With the removal of the ambulance box the van’s 2 starter batteries were just placed in the cab. These can be mounted wherever someone decides to put them for a custom build.
  • While the front tires are like new Firestone Transforce, 3 of the rear 4 tires were swapped out with tires that have very little tread. That leaves the option open for a set of more aggressive A/T tires to suite a build preference.
  • There is one quarter sized hole in the roof where wiring for the ambulance box exited the cab. It is a clean cut, rust-free hole that is currently taped shut.
  • Being the lines for the air-conditioning leading to the ambulance box were cut the air-conditioning in the cab currently does not work. These lines will have to be removed.
The pictures speak for themselves. This is the perfect start to a stellar build-out for a camper / expedition rig- a rugged Ford E450 4x4 chassis with a robust and unmolested 6.0 diesel and it’s close to new.

For those who are not familiar with the Ford 6.0L in vans- educate yourselves before listening to all the horrible bs people have to say about this engine without any real knowledge about it or experience with it. The 6.0L in the vans is slightly different that the 6.0L found in the F-series truck. By 2010 (last year for a 6.0L in a van) all the most prominent issues were ironed-out making this the most reliable year of the 6.0L PowerStroke. It does require regular maintenance but, not $6,000 in “bullet proofing.”

The van is located near St Cloud, MN 56303. I'd be happy to pick up any potential buyer at the Minneapolis airport. The van can be driven cross country as it is without a problem.

Asking $22,000.

Shop around, you likely won’t find a van this clean with just over 20,000 miles and 4x4. If you do, definitely get it.

Call or Text or DM

Ext1.jpgExt2.jpgExt3.jpgExt4.jpgExt5.jpgExt6.jpgExt7.jpgExt8.jpgExt9.jpg

Recent edit added GVWRs

Last edited:

B350

Observer
Interior Pics

Attachments

• Int1.jpg
    Int1.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Int2.jpg
    Int2.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Int3.jpg
    Int3.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Int4.jpg
    Int4.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Int7.jpg
    Int7.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Int6.jpg
    Int6.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Int5.jpg
    Int5.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Int8.jpg
    Int8.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Int9.jpg
    Int9.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 202

B350

Observer
Frame & Roof Pics

Attachments

• Frame1.jpg
    Frame1.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Frame2.jpg
    Frame2.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Frame3.jpg
    Frame3.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Frame4.jpg
    Frame4.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Roof1.jpg
    Roof1.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Roof2.jpg
    Roof2.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 198

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Cool van and a good base. I had no idea they put the 6.0 in vans until 2010. Help me understand the E450 platform of that era and maybe the E450 in general. Do they share components/frame with the equivalent F450? In that era the F450 had coil spring fronts with the wide track Dana 60 (super good turning radius). Is the 60 on this one wide track? What's the GVWR? Thanks.

Craig_C

That is a nice clean looking van. I am interested in same the questions as DirtWhiskey above. Looks like the GVWR is 14,500 lbs? Do you have GAWR front and rear? I would like to buy super single wheels and tires, but stick with 37' or smaller. So the more axle info the better. Does it still have the sticker saying it is a complete vehicle? Ground clearance? That differential looks like it is close to that gavel. Do you think it would be possible to have the drivers side seat swivel and not hit anything?

B350

Observer
DirtWhiskey and Craig_C -
Ford Spec'd Weights taken from VIN info:
  • GAWR - Front 5000 lbs (spec given in 2wd trim, not for D60 front axle)
  • GAWR - Rear 9500 lbs
  • Curb Weight - Front 3512 lbs
  • Curb Weight - Rear 2558 lbs
  • GVWR - 14500 lbs
  • GCWR - 20000 lbs
The 6.0 continued to be used in the Econoline vans until 2010 while the F-Series trucks only got it until 2007. The E-Series vans really don't share anything with the F-Series trucks. The "same" 6.0L PowerStroke engine in the E-series vans is a detuned (smaller turbo, no inter-cooler) version of the 6.0 used in the F-series trucks. Because the engine is detuned is also why it is said to have better reliability than its counterpart in the trucks.
Frame dimensions are completely different. While there are coil spring conversions done on E-series vans, the majority are leaf spring conversions that use a standard front Dana 60 from an F-series 4x4 with custom spring hangers etc. No one ever specifically calls out a wide track D60 as the axle used in any conversion so I'd say no.
Ground clearance is solely a factor of tire size in this case. The van has relatively small 225/75R16E tires on it. Go with a larger diameter tire and gain ground clearance. And it would look great with some big meaty super singles. (y)
The only thing that would keep the passenger side seat from swiveling would be a build design that prohibits it from doing so. So yes, absolutely possible.

nyyankees588

Agree that this could be a sweet base. Slap a total composites camper box on the rear and you'd have $100k+ rig for <$50k...

Craig_C

How much lift does it have? What would be the max size tires you could put up front without trimming?

Agree that this could be a sweet base. Slap a total composites camper box on the rear and you'd have $100k+ rig for <$50k...
Do you think anyone would actually pay 100K+ if it had a TC box w/12k watt solar, 600 ah lithium, etc. with the rest nicely built out? If you would be willing to please PM me and I will do it. At that price I wouldn't make much, but I would like to flip some like this and start building one or two a year on the new e series with a UJOR or even Quigley. Then I could afford one myself ;)

Last edited:

nyyankees588

How much lift does it have? What would be the max size tires you could put up front without trimming?

Do you think anyone would actually pay 100K+ if it had a TC box w/12k watt solar, 600 ah lithium, etc. with the rest nicely built out? If you would be willing to please PM me and I will do it. At that price I wouldn't make much, but I would like to flip some like this and start building one or two a year on the new e series with a UJOR or even Quigley. Then I could afford one myself ;)

Well, let's just say that if I had $100k to spend on a rig, I'd consider buying this one and putting a TC box on it ;) As for the idea of buying and flipping rigs, I think it's pretty big shot in the dark as to what somebody will pay for your upfitted rig when you finish with it. Prices are pretty outrageous right now, but who knows if they'll stay high or drop lower in the next 6-12 months.

As for the lift - it's hard to tell how much/if any lift it has currently. Pretty sure stock e-series vans can fit up to 265/75/r16 tires without any trimming. I believe w/ a 2" lift you can get 31s on them.

B350

Observer
Asking price reduced to $22,000.
If anyone is seriously interested, shoot me a reasonable offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12