2010 Pathfinder

Doc Walker

Recently purchased a 2010 Pathfinder.
Thinking to complete the following changes over the holidays:

Rancho Quicklift

Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75

Blacked out stock Wheels

Any thoughts or suggestion are welcome! Looking for info on BFG All Terrain vs the NITTO, PRG lift vs Rancho, New XD Series wheels vs the "Stealthed Stock"look.

I am a Medic and SAR Bubba not a real heavy duty mechanic. Need all the advice I can get. Thanks:ylsmoke:

cannonball55

Adventurer
Recently purchased a 2010 Pathfinder.
Thinking to complete the following changes over the holidays:

Rancho Quicklift

Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75

Blacked out stock Wheels

Any thoughts or suggestion are welcome! Looking for info on BFG All Terrain vs the NITTO, PRG lift vs Rancho, New XD Series wheels vs the "Stealthed Stock"look.

I am a Medic and SAR Bubba not a real heavy duty mechanic. Need all the advice I can get. Thanks:ylsmoke:

Sounds like a nice list of goodies I've got no advice to offer on the tires/lift/wheels but I'd love to see the new XD wheels on a pathfinder. I'm looking to do some of the same modifications in the near future. suspension lift, wheels and tires, let me know how things turn out for you! I'd love to see another pathfinder regular on the forum!

Coconut

Definitely go PRG if you want high end coilovers or Old Man Emu if you're on a smaller budget. I really like my Nitto Terra Grapplers. They're just a tad noisy on the highway but traction in the wet and dirt is exceptional. BFG AT's are really popular of course but it seems like every time I see a blown out tire on the highway it's a BFG AT. I also wouldn't count out the Yokohama Geolandar AT-S if you want something with better street manners that still performs great off-road.

Posted by: Fishy_Frontier on Coconuts account :)

sasfrontier

Observer
Give the yoko geolander at-s a look. I personally havn't owned them but a few of my friends have them and they ride good are pretty quiet and seem to wear well. Curious to see how the pathfinder turns out. My wife will be trading her car in on a new 2011 pathfinder in the next month or two.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I hope you have better luck with your Pathfinder than I had with my '08. The minute I drove it off the lot I knew something was wrong with it, then the dealership gave me the runaround. It started out as a stupid little leak because the A/C drain hose wasn't routed properly (which was apparently a recurring problem in Pathfinders at the time), so it was flooding the passenger side of the cabin. It should have been a pretty easy fix, but the stealership didn't do anything to fix it while I was away for 10 days, so it was nice and stanky when I returned. A few days later, all of the electronics went haywire. When I took it back to the dealership to show that the carpet was still soaked and that the electronics were going crazy, the sales manager actually had the audacity to look at me and tell me: "I'm sorry sir, but we can't always guarantee 100% satisfaction". I asked him to please turn around and read for me the words that were printed in humongous letters on the back wall..."100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!".
I then began the lemon law process. When the guy came to finalize the settlement, and realized that the dealership had not supplied the 2 things they asked for: a working fax machine, and a notary, he took me for a ride to get the paperwork notarized and faxed, then took me back to the dealership and told the guy to give me the check, and that he would never expect anybody to have to go through the BS I had to go through.
The whole process took about 6 months, and I will never buy another Nissan, even though I loved everything else about the Pathfinder. It was fun to drive, and looked pretty good with some bigger tires and a roof rack.
So, good luck, and I look forward to seeing a build thread, and hopefully some better news about the newer Pathfinders.

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
I hope you have better luck with your Pathfinder than I had with my '08. The minute I drove it off the lot I knew something was wrong with it, then the dealership gave me the runaround. It started out as a stupid little leak because the A/C drain hose wasn't routed properly (which was apparently a recurring problem in Pathfinders at the time), so it was flooding the passenger side of the cabin. It should have been a pretty easy fix, but the stealership didn't do anything to fix it while I was away for 10 days, so it was nice and stanky when I returned. A few days later, all of the electronics went haywire. When I took it back to the dealership to show that the carpet was still soaked and that the electronics were going crazy, the sales manager actually had the audacity to look at me and tell me: "I'm sorry sir, but we can't always guarantee 100% satisfaction". I asked him to please turn around and read for me the words that were printed in humongous letters on the back wall..."100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!".
I then began the lemon law process. When the guy came to finalize the settlement, and realized that the dealership had not supplied the 2 things they asked for: a working fax machine, and a notary, he took me for a ride to get the paperwork notarized and faxed, then took me back to the dealership and told the guy to give me the check, and that he would never expect anybody to have to go through the BS I had to go through.
The whole process took about 6 months, and I will never buy another Nissan, even though I loved everything else about the Pathfinder. It was fun to drive, and looked pretty good with some bigger tires and a roof rack.
So, good luck, and I look forward to seeing a build thread, and hopefully some better news about the newer Pathfinders.

Sounds like a bad experience with the dealer not so much with the Nissan... Did you try and go find another dealer.??

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Got any pics of this 2010 Pathy??? I don't think I've ever seen one this new built up to ANY degree. Good luck on getting it all together mate.

BFGs are good because they LOOK like offroad tires!
They're brilliant tires AND they look good. They also have more sidewall ply's then the above listed tires I belive. Personaly unless I end up going to an MT or an in between tire like some Dura-tracs or Maxxis Bighorns I'll be sticking witht the BFG's because they're NOT just hype and they really do work better in my experience then most other true AT's. Add in the 3-ply sidewalls and the fact that the HAVE sidewall tread and for me they're complete winners (plus you can get 33x10.50's, something that is a big deal to me...) I think some folks just don't WANT to like them because so many people swaer by them, but they really are great tires.

That's not to say the Nitto's or others are BAD tires, I just think that the BFG's are better
tires...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears