2010 Range Rover on Truck Trend website

haven

Expedition Leader
The Truck Trend website has a lengthy first look at the 2010 Range Rover. New for 2010 are a 5.0L V8 (shared with Jaguar) that boosts power and torque without reducing fuel mileage. There's an LCD display in place of traditional analog instruments (like a modern business jet), and the electronic traction controls have been reworked.

I was particularly interested in the onboard cameras that help when driving offroad. There are five cameras that show views near the corners of the front bumper, below each side mirror, and to the rear.

All five camera views are shown at once on a touchscreen panel. You can touch the screen to select a particular camera view, and then zoom in for a closer look. You can choose to superimpose lines on the rear camera view that show where the wheels will track, and where the sides of the vehicle will be, when you back up.

The review is here
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_0910_2010_range_rover_review/index.html

Desert Dan

Explorer
This sounds complicated.

"But the really ambitious bit is an entirely new electrical architecture that strings together 62 different ECUs along a couple medium and high-speed CAN data busses, running new software code developed within Land Rover and Jaguar (the architecture will be shared). "

FortyMileDesert

Adventurer
Why does Land Rover insist on blinging out the newer rigs so much:

5.0 liters and 375 hp! Why?
20 inch wheels and low profile tires! Why?
Rear view cameras?
Ipods and dozens of speakers?
Pneumatic suspension?
64 way adjustable memory seats?
Articulating by-xenon headlamps?
Rear seat entertainment systems?

I've always loved my Land Rovers, but they have gone way beyond practicality and price (for me at least)......They finally got everything perfected with my '0r Discovery S (the plain Jane model). That's probably going to be my last LR - - Probably going to have to migrate over to Jeep or Toyota for my next trail rig............. :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan