2010 Subaru Outback

haven

Expedition Leader
Subaru invented the crossover vehicle when it created the Outback 15 years ago. The 2010 version of the Outback was introduced at the New York Auto Show this week. The restyled Outback has a longer wheelbase, to provide more space for passengers, but the vehicle has shorter overhangs so it's an inch shorter overall. Ground clearance has increased to 8.7 inches.

Passenger room is up to 105 cu ft, and cargo space with rear seats folded is 71 cu ft. That's about the same space that a 4Runner provides.

2.5L 4 cylinder and 3.6L 6 cylinder engines are available. For 2010, the 6 cylinder engine runs on regular fuel, and still produces 256 hp and 247 ft-lbs. The 6 is available only with a 5 speed auto trans. The 4 comes with a choice of 6 speed manual or a continuously variable automatic trans (CVT). (CVT says "gas-electric hybrid coming" to me.) All Subarus have full time all wheel drive.

No word about the turbo four, but I expect that it will appear soon after the new model is introduced.

Also no word about the availability of Subaru's flat-four diesel, which has received good reviews in Europe. In Euro trim, the diesel produces 258 ft-lbs of torque and gets 37 mpg in the Outback and Forester.

Autoblog has the details and photos
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/09/new-york-2010-subaru-outback-has-its-muklucks-on/

Chip Haven

EMrider

Explorer
Also no word about the availability of Subaru's flat-four diesel, which has received good reviews in Europe. In Euro trim, the diesel produces 258 ft-lbs of torque and gets 37 mpg in the Outback and Forester.

:mad:

Too bad. My outback has been a great car and I'd buy another Subaru without hesitation. Based on the specs and user reviews, I'd be all over that diesel in a nano-second if it was sold in the US. I thought it was coming in 2010, but who knows?

Maddmatt

Explorer
:mad:

Too bad. My outback has been a great car and i'd buy another subaru without hesitation. Based on the specs and user reviews, i'd be all over that diesel in a nano-second if it was sold in the us. I thought it was coming in 2010, but who knows?

x2 :)

jkam

nomadic man
Subaru invented the crossover vehicle when it created the Outback 15 years ago.
Not to jack this thread, but I always considered the AMC Eagle the first crossover invented. :)

1986_AMC_Eagle.jpg

RgrBox

Adventurer
Got my wife a new Subaru Impreza last year.. I was pushing for th eOutback, but she wanted something 4x4 but smaller.. everyone around here where I live, St.-Cergue, Switzerland has a Subaru of some type.. they are great little cars, and due to the Winter driving conditions are a must.. strange to see people every Winter trying to drive up the road to our Village in thier 2x4 cars without Winter tires, and chains.. she can just drive by with a problem.. I feel much happier now she has a 4x4 for the Winter.. beats that Volovo V40 by a long shot.. talk about a crap car in the snow.. anyway, Subaru rules..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman