2010 Toyota Prius leaked

kcowyo

ExPo Original
"Toyota’s next-generation petrol-electric Prius hybrid is expected to make its world debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January, however new images that are alleged to be the first official shots of the car have made their way onto the 'PriusChat' Internet forum.

As expected, the 2010 Prius will retain its iconic shape but the interior shots reveal a much more complicated dash, with a new telematics screen located in the center console that will likely integrate the navigation, entertainment, and fuel-economy display functions. Other differences include a slightly larger body and a distinct nose and tail design. The wheelbase and track are also expected to be increased slightly over the current model."

Link to full article -

2010_toyota_prius_leak_001_1-1015-636x360.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
jammyauto said:
I wish they would offer a wagon. I'd put one in my driveway in a second.
That would upset the induced frustration balance to make something so practical for sale! Can you imagine what this world would come to if you could actually get what you want with your money and not compromise?

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

A prissy by any other shape, style and operation is still a prissy! And I used to hate Jeep Liberties! Expedition Prissy.........Just doesn't make it!!!!!!

Pete Wilson

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My favorite little factoid that good ol Jeremy Clarkson threw out the other night: Producing the Prius's batterys creates more polution than a Full Sized american Diesel truck does in a year of operation... or something like that. Then they go on to show how at full tilt the prius get's worse ilage than an M3 that's taking it easier yet still turning better lap times... I find it funny how people seem to think tha the Prius is just completely without fault. I sure don't see any of the 1st gen's on the road anymore and I live in about the most "greenie" city in America (Portland OR)

Just a thought. I think they do good things, but frankly they're not the answer to everyting. Go Dr. Rudolph, your combustion cycle is still king in my book.

Cheers

Dave

Dale

Adventurer
May I ask which scientific journal had published the information pertaining to the production of a Prius? I am very interested in embodied enery and/or life cycles of products and would like to read more on this topic.

762X39

Explorer
Mr Toyoda is at least thinking out of the box to try and make our planet a better place to live. Yeah there are problems with batteries but really, what kind of junk science do you use to make the claim that a hummer has less of an ecological footprint over the course of its life than a Prius?
I can't claim to have a small footprint with my 9 mpg non pollution controlled Unimog so I make damn sure that the rest of what I do is friendly to the planet.
Just stirring the pot!

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
milo12 said:
Here is a google link. Tons of comments saying the Prius is worse for the environment than a Hummer.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=B6Y&q=prius+battery+environment&revid=275748516&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=3

Don't blame me I'm just the messenger.;)

Problem is that it has become an urban legend.

The research company that originally compiled the report(CNW) has been shown to have used faulty and inflated figures.

I believe they also failed to provide the name of the client that paid for the report which is the death knell for reports of this nature.

http://www.pacinst.org/topics/integrity_of_science/case_studies/hummer_vs_prius_redux.pdf

Ron B

Explorer
If it's the same report that's been out for a few years...I think it was taking into account the nickel mining/shipping for the batteries, the lightweight material manufacture/shipping an then shipping it all back to the US for purchase. Yes a stretch, but true?

here's a funny Top-Gear comparison (tongue in cheek as always!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPCckjTMVg

rb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior