2011 Dodge Ram 3500? Good? Bad?

FireGuy

Adventurer
So I have a chance to buy a co-workers 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel. It is really nice, 67,000 miles and the price is right. Just curios if anyone has any experience with these and what their thoughts are. I haven't owned a Dodge in 12 years so wondering how the new ones are holding up. Reliable?

js9234

Observer
It's a good truck as long as you use it as a truck. Those year models(because of the emissions) don't like lugging around town and never getting on the highway. I had a 2011 and never had a problem but I drove a lot of highway miles. The 2013 and newer ones get better MPG and don't regen as much. Using DEF isn't a negative, it's a positive. 2011's are much easier to delete if you were looking into anything like that. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 2011 model. Great trucks.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Sounds like a good one to me. If used only in the USA or Canada; what a buy. After about 2006 when they started to put the pee canisters aboard, your chances of going to a 3rd world country or to Mexico or Baja are limited to border towns. The DEF tanks don't play well with low sulfur diesel fuel. Gimme ultra low sulfur please.
jefe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears