F-350 4WD Tiger Camper, SOLD

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Greetings Tiger fans!

Pause and imagine for a moment that this scene will be the one YOU get to experience with your family this summer… spending sunny, cool days seeking adventure on some of the numerous scenic backroads running through the uncrowded wild backcountry of western North American … or perhaps headed to other wonderful similar remote destinations just as fun and beautiful to explore!

IMG_3449.jpeg

For anyone shopping for a capable, fully self contained 4WD Tiger camper for their upcoming summer adventures this year…and beyond, this could be your next camper!

This lien free, fully self contained Tiger, in very good to great condition, is for sale for $74,000.00, as is.

These specialized, custom 4WD rigs are very highly sought after and don’t come up for sale frequently enough to meet the demand for them… one thing that helps to keep their resale value high.

This sweet rig has all the usual features of the standard fully self contained CX model (see the build sheets following this post), but with the added propane fueled generator, the water filter system, the side awning, and the two side upstairs bunk windows that are screened and openable for cooling, calming cross breezes while you sleep.

It is the gas engine, regular cab model, specifically chosen because the shorter wheelbase makes it’s much easier to maneuver and park (you basically can U-turn it on a two lane road), and because the regular cab makes it much easier to climb quickly back and forth from the front seats into the back of the rig (and visa versa) without having to crawl through and over the added obstacle course of a crew cab packed with gear or blocked by set of seats.

Low, current mileage = just under 70,000 miles.

It has less than @ 100 miles on five newer heavy duty Michelin E rated tires and has newer shocks.

We recently took it into camping world to have some of the major systems checked out and serviced, including the generator, the coach batteries and the heater. We’ve also tested the water system, the A/C, the 12V fridge, etc and all work as they should. It also has a newer starter battery and newer HD schocks.

The coach batteries are AGM’s and have had very little use since installed.

The simple reason for selling is we will no longer be going off on the long summer adventures we’ve always taken due to unexpected health and lifestyle changes.

In general:
The interior and exterior look to be in mostly very good or better condition. The windshield has no cracks. The chassis is rust free. The cab has easy to clean vinyl seats and rubber flooring. The rear couch/bed is upholstered in a comfortable, easy to clean fabric. The side kitchen window is a a slider, not a crank opening one. We have never had pets or kids in it and it hasn’t been smoked in.

FSC means it has:
-wet bath with hot/cold water, hand sprayer shower, and sink,
-hot water heater
-kitchen sink with second separate filtered water faucet
-electric water pump
-three burner stove
-microwave
-NovaCool compressor fridge w/ small freezer area
-furnace you can control from the overhead bed
-heat strip on the a/c
-heat pads for the tanks and water pump
-roof mount air conditioner
-two powered roof vents
-130 W roof solar
-propane generator
-and more…

It rides four and sleeps four but probably is best suited for two. And if you’re over @ 6’, you’re probably going to tire of ducking your head inside it, so really tall folks probably aren’t going to want to get this one.

If you are someone seriously shopping for a compact, maneuverable, fully self contained, 4WD rig that sleeps and seats four, in time for this summer’s travels, and have any questions about this Tiger, please PM me.

and Thx Mucho for reading all of this post.

IMG_5342.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_3610.jpeg

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
So I assume it's a V8 gas engine?

It has the very powerful and capable 6.2 gasser and my hwy mpg’s at @60- 65 mph range from @13-16. On our last tour we pf the west trip, on the flats (not driving up/down the Rockies) IIRC, we averaged something like 13.8 mpg. It has plenty of range tho, with a big 35 gallon gas tank, again IIRC🤔

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
These are pretty amazing rigs, and very hard to find with lower mileage like mine. In fact, I looked for one of these for almost three years before happily discovering this one.

Some More of the Standard features include:
high ground clearance,
short wheel base,
4x4 with manual locking hubs,
electronic Locking Differential
3.73rear end
Electronic Shift on the Fly
Trailer hitch
Rear camera
Roof ladder
two beds,
Lots of storage cabinetry,
Big (20? gal) water tank.
(Tank capacities on build sheet⬇️)

A few more bits and pieces per that build list…
Its an F 350
6 Speed Auto Tranny
Has a Fiamma 4500 awning
Roll stability control
Trailer sway control
Tranny oil cooler
Power doors and windows and mirrors
Extension Heated mirrors
Skid plates
Retractable entry step
Is about 21’ long

And it also has new Michelin X LT tires are LT275/65R/18 All Season with a 50,000 warranty and have less than 100 miles on them.

VIN is 1FTRF3B65BEA33879

And note, with so many of the campers today being built with very few and small windows, another bonus of owning this Tiger is that it has so many windows, both big and small, for great fresh air flow and unparalleled views and security (being able to look out to see what’s going on around you in all directions). So when you finally get into that perfect camp spot in an amazingly scenic place out in the woods, and you’re sitting inside fixing your dinner as the sun lowers, your view of your surroundings is 360°.

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Nice to see one that isn't either clapped out or over-spec'd. GLWS, that should fly.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
To answer a few Q’s from some of you folks before retiring for the evening.

Does your model have a pass-thru from cab to camper?
Yes, a big, tall wide one, and it’s very easy for me at 6’ and 200lbs to bend over and duck through to the back. It has bucket seats and no console so you have a clear path to the rear of the rig. Rear couch seats have seat belts.

Dedicated bathroom or just a porta-potty cabinet?
Full wet bath with toilet and holding tank, hot and cold water sink and shower. It’s pretty compact tho since the whole rig is designed to be compact.

Maintenance reccords?
Since we’ve owned it we’ve basically just regularly changed the oil with syn blend, replaced tires and shocks and batteries, had it re-aligned once, and had a repair to something to do with the fuel filler venting (purge valve). It’s been pretty problem free. I have a pile of records I’ll have to look through to see if anything else was worked on. We bought it with 41,000 miles on it and it had been fully serviced and inspected then by Provan then. We’ve only put 28,000 miles on it.

We still have all the original manuals for all systems and well as the Tiger owner manuals and instruction books.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here’s some information Provan gave us. It’s general in nature and over inclusive somewhat but gives you a good idea of the specs and floor plan
IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
While I love our 1994 Tiger on a Chevy 4wd Chassis (and 200k on the odo) if there was one I would buy if ours died it'd be this one on a Ford 4wd single cab chassis with the big gasser motor! Parts are cheap and available, strong truck and drive train, easy to work on, mechanics on every corner that can work on a ford, perfect adventure truck...Bullet proof!

GLWS!

IMG_6499.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan