2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

haven

Expedition Leader
Edmunds Inside Line has posted prices for the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee, which goes on sale next month.

Laredo trim, $32,995
V6, AWD, Quadra-Trac I single speed transfer case
Quadra-Trac II with two speed transfer case an option

Limited trim, $39,995
V6, Quadra-Drive II 4WD, two speed transfer case, terrain-selectable traction control, 8.9" ground clearance

Overland trim, $42,995
V6, 4WD, Quadra-Drive II, terrain-selectable traction control, air suspension w/ 11" max ground clearance, nicer interior trim

Hemi V8 is optional in all trim levels

All models benefit from more storage space and more rear seat legroom, compared to 2010 Grand Cherokee

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/05/2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-priced-at-30995.html

Tanto

Adventurer
I like the look and features of this vehicle. If it offered a third row, I'd go back to the Jeep as a daily driver.

alexfm

Explorer
Autoblog has a series of photos taken at the Grand Cherokee introduction. Here's one that shows the 11 inches of ground clearance provided by the air suspension
2011-gc-air-susp.jpg

See the full set of photos here
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-live-reveal-1

The Grand Cherokee will have two rows of seats at first. I'd expect a stretched chassis with three rows (Grand Cherokee XL perhaps) in 2012.

Darton is right about the improved 3.6L gas V6. It's got 280 hp and 260 ft-lbs., up from 202 hp and 237 ft lb in the 2009 V6. An 11% improvement in fuel mileage would put it at 19 mpg combined. This engine will find its way into the Wrangler at some point.

Im sorry, but that just looks ridiculous. Who would need the available 4 inches of lift, when they're running 20 inch rims on street tires? And you can probably bet thats what it will come with from the factory. Without the grille and JEEP emblems, I think it looks just like a Honda Pilot.

Ok, I woke up early, decided to take out my frustration on the new GC. :coffee:

Alex.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I am sorry to the Nay-sayers, but I love the thing!

It is a really nice looking vehicle. It would be a joy to drive, and to wheel.

the only thing I do not like about it is the fuel economy, or lack thereof.

Chip, you meantioned that sans the grill it would look like just any other SUV. That is the same thing people said about the Commander, the WJ, the ZJ, and the XJ. SO.... I figure big woop. If I can scrape together the cash I will buy one in a year or two.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
my 78 waggy has more clearance, no lift and 31" tires. and it has solid axles, no stupid electronics to break while i'm four wheeling.

what a pile of crap. it better not be trail rated.

Haven, I believe that's an '05-'10 model in your pic However, I see that your links do in fact show '11 models traversing the Rubicon. In street tires no less!! And we all worry about sourcing some HD off road version of a tire.... :snorkel:

JeffRRC

Adventurer
I think I remember that the '11 is built on the same platform as the Mercedes G class? It would make sense.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
i'd love to see the underside after that. it will be smashed after this test and before it hits the road ever again.

gahill2

Observer
Edmunds Inside Line has posted prices for the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee, which goes on sale next month.

Laredo trim, $32,995
V6, AWD, Quadra-Trac I single speed transfer case
Quadra-Trac II with two speed transfer case an option

Limited trim, $39,995
V6, Quadra-Drive II 4WD, two speed transfer case, terrain-selectable traction control, 8.9" ground clearance

Overland trim, $42,995
V6, 4WD, Quadra-Drive II, terrain-selectable traction control, air suspension w/ 11" max ground clearance, nicer interior trim

Hemi V8 is optional in all trim levels

All models benefit from more storage space and more rear seat legroom, compared to 2010 Grand Cherokee

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/05/2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-priced-at-30995.html

Anyone heard more about when the dealers will be getting the first units? I can't seem to find a solid date on the internet. My wife is interested in looking at these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger