2011 MB Sprinter 2500 - A work in progress.

So pics on the state of build on my 2011 Sprinter 2500. Have some additional cabinets on the way along with an addition battery, inverter and other bits. All coming along pretty well. It's not a 4x4 but it get me where I need to be to set up a base camp and then I jump on my dirt bike for exploration.:D

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4[1].jpg

Last edited:
I have an Espar D2 Airtronics (diesel) heater and an ARB fridge 50qt. I'm also adding a tool/storage floor cabinet in a few weeks. Trying to keep it super simple and easy to repair, all panels cabinets, etc have all been bolted down with a a couple different size bolts and can be worked on with few tools. Low key and simple is what I have been after.

Last edited:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Nice work! Thanks for sharing the pics/info.
Did you bolt the wheel chocks all the way through the floor?
I built my Sprinter to haul a single motorcycle but still haven't decided what method I'm going to use to hold the bike's front tire.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
The wheel chokes are removable with the lifting of a latch type button.
Yep, I'm familiar with those chocks. Was just wondering if you drilled completely through the metal floor and attached a nut to the underside of the Sprinter?

I drilled all the way through the wood floor and through the steel floor and installed rivnuts. Before intalling I used a zinc spray coating on the inside and underside and then a coat of white spray paint to prevent rust then installed rivnuts.

Last edited:
Working on some open overhead shelves lately. Here is one of two in the works. I will be test fitting this one today and then constructing the next one on the other side of the sprinter. The next one will be twice as long.

overhead-M.jpg

I also made a vent cover for when the temps drop to keep a bit of cold air that gets past the vent hood out.

vent-cover-M.jpg

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Nice work...!!
This sprinter looks eerily similar to the one I drooled over at gathering in Utah last March...:drool:
welcome and I am looking forward to following the build...those cabinets are sweet...did you fab those?

Here is the newly fabricated shelf mounted up. Now to get started on the next one which will be twice as long and then powdercoating.

shelfmounted-L.jpg

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Any updates??? Wondering how the sprinters handle the snow...do you run snow tires? I am considering a sprinter but it would need to handle the snowy hilly dirt road to my house in Flagstaff AZ
I

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Bump for updates...:)
Also wondering how much offroad driving you do with your van...it looks like a 170 non extended. Any regrets on not going bigger/smaller?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears