2011 Ram 3500 suspension poll

flameout

I'd love to hear your collective thoughts about the Thuren and Carli systems. Good and bad please and if anyone has them on a truck, what they think, even better! Lots of cash to plunk down to make my Ram an excellent Expo Rig. Would like to know which way to go. Thank you, Walt

nkladwig

Thuren has amazing stuff and now better distribution channels: http://www.straptperformance.com and http://cjcoffroad.com but for ease of ordering and ongoing support working directly with Carli (or the same distributors as Thuren) would be the best bet.

If you are looking for more opinions and/or a wealth of suspension knowledge visit: http://dodgetrucksxtreme.com

I personally have a slew of Thuren parts and overall have been very happy with them and his support. I have not experienced the new distribution channels first hand other than getting quotes but I can imagine it will give him more room to develop and test new suspension products.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
Theyre both AMAZING products. Ive owned both, and have ridden in trucks equipped with both from mild to wild.

I'm currently running a hybrid kit, but am in the process of moving to 100% Carli products. (SLOW process)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Don Thuren is extremely knowledgable and helpful. He is also in Bend Or now, which is nice and close to you.
Must be nice to have "lots of cash to plunk down"!:elkgrin: Enjoy your new rig!

my1stcummins

Adventurer
I had a Thuren suspension installed on my 2007 ram. It was great in the desert out side of San Diego but the highway manners aren't quite what I had hoped. Supposedly the fox 2.0s were revalved for the dodge but id be curious to see how a good set of bilsteins would ride ( I liked them in my mercedes). I know my truck is a 3/4tn but I was wanting something to smooth out the bumps and on the highway joints and washboard dirt roads, it's still quite harsh/bumpy. Try riding in a few first if you can.

My rig has: Thuren track bar, upgraded steering linkage, dynatrac balljoints, Spohn steering box brace, Yukon free spin kit locking hubs, mini pack springs in the rear in place of the override springs and the fox 2.0 shocks. Rubber is E load range nitro terra grapplers on stock rims.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Minipaks calm the unladen rear suspension down some,but full leafpacks are supposed to do the trick. The minipaks retain much of the load capacity but the fulls would need to be supplemented with airbags in the event of towing or cargo hauling.

Carli has generous inventory for instant gratification.
Thuren takes a bit longer but will save you some bucks.

racerjb

Observer
I run a full thuren setup on my 2010 and have been very happy. I went with Thuren because I could customize my setup and do it slowly. Plus a big factor was that he is close to where I live. I am finally running his 3" coil springs, tracbar, fox steering stabilizer, fox 2.0 shocks, sway bar, rear shackles. I have some control arms to put on next. Don's support has been awesome plus very honest. I have also talked to the Carli guys and they seem great too. I plan on getting their Airbags soon.

I did my mods in stages and felt the Thuren sway bar made one of the biggest improvements. Plus, you can easily disconnect for off road. If your running a camper then it is not recommended. However, it really improves the ride quality on the new dodges.

You can't go wrong with either one so it really depends on what vibe you feel after to talking to both or a shop who sells their stuff.

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
I don't even have a Ram but, I keep thinking about getting one and keep looking at suspensions for it! Looks to me like Carli is a good as heck way to go, nice stuff and easy to get! (easy to find a vendor for) Looks to me like the biggest ways to get a nice ride are progressive front coils up front, a nice set of Deaver (or some such) leaves for the rear (and a set of air bags if you intend to haul quite a bit of weight!), and some good shocks. Like I say, I've never run Carli's products BUT, from what I've looked at so far, they'd be the ones I'd go with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12