2012/13 Off Roader's Mitsu 4x4 Hangover Avoidance Run: S Cal (Anza Borrego)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
What: 4x4 trip.
When: 12/29-1/1
Where: Anza Borrego / Ocotillo Wells area in S. Cal. (just east of San Diego)

Planning has started on 4x4 wire's CA/NV forum. (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1271709&an=0&page=0#Post1271709)

i didn't post it on the ExPo's Ca forum cause I'm hoping to have primarily Mitsu 4x4's.

The trails will all be moderate to difficult trails. Moderate is ok for any mitsu 4x4. Difficult requires some mods like bigger tires, armor, etc.
Please let me know if you're interested in going or better yet, post up here or on the Wire if so.:smiley_drive:

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Eurosonic,
Check the 4x4wire thread for additional details like who's going.

All,
You don't have to register there to comment though. Just comment here if you don't want to register on the wire.

UPDATE (2, December):
The trail runs for Sat, Sun, & Mon have been decided. I'm determining a location for the main campsite now.

I hope some of ExPo's Mitsu 4x4 owners can join us. I'm expecting a pretty decent showing of Mitsu 4x4's.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
i just got a 98 monty but my 4x4 skills are rusty id like to try to go though......
We're doing a combination of trails from moderate to difficult. For a Mitsu on 31's that means easily doable but they do require decent vehicle control skills. With the exception of a couple of obstacles we can spot you through anything on these trails. However, if you can't drive where we're directing you we can't do much about that. ;)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
markdam that sounds great!

All, I'm trying to plan our campsite location currently. Please let me know how confident you are that you'll be going.

Also, please let me know when you expect to get there.

Once I decide our exact campsite location, I'll be posting it up.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Bummer, I wont make this trip. Too many family priorities for this time of year.
If this was a week after, I would be all over it.

I expect to see a ton of pictures and vids from this trip!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Bummer, I wont make this trip. Too many family priorities for this time of year.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to finally meeting you and also introducing you to several other Mitsu 4x4 owners. The week after would be impossible without taking time off so that's a no-go for me.

Maybe next time.

Silverwulf

Adventurer
I would love to go but 1) I'm working and 2) its too far for a day trip. I wish there would be some meet and greet type things in nor-cal.

markdam

please post pics ASAP so I can see what i missed! I was sad to miss it......Happy new year and hope the rip was fun and safe!!!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Trip was canceled due to my mom needing my help with her peritoneal dialysis. The two 11lbs solution bags were too heavy for her to lift. Good thing we cancelled because they called us at 2:00am this morning. A donor kidney became available from a 35 YO man who passed away in the CA Central Valley. We had to be here by 6:00am this morning. She's in the OR now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179