2012 Bumper issues

sfsmedic

Adventurer
I was really looking forward to the ARB bumper for my 2012 DC Tacoma TRD OR but it appears they dont make one yet. It was important to me to have the airbags continue to function since I have kids and do drive with them in the vehicle on CA freeways. Has anyone heard word when they may possibly be coming to market? Does anyone know of an alternate bumper that keeps the air bags functioning? I know of other great bumpers out there but none that keep the air bags operational.

Cole S

It is my understanding that a bumper from ARB for the 2012 is available. I spoke to Slee a couple of weeks back and they indicated having them in stock but had yet to install one.

Toycdn

Observer
Check ARB USA facebook page. They are installing a bumper on a 2012 right now. I believe thay have kept the bumper the same and are just cutting the existing plastic lower bumper to fit as a trim piece.

The 2012 ARB's are available. There are a few of us that have had them installed now for a couple of months.

attachment.php

attachment.php

They require cutting of the front bumper but its pretty easy to do.

sfsmedic

Adventurer
Thanks guys I ended up finding several that have them. Ill be getting one shortly. Now to decide on the winch. I'm leaning towards the Warn VR8000. Have read good reviews on them and its in my budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears