2012 ER 34K Miles $275K

brewstocker

Yeah I guess the limited gear garage just isn't a dealbreaker for most folks in the market for a million dollar luxury 4x4 RV.

Whereas, for me, bringing the toys is literally the only reason to get something that big in the first place. I can't imagine full-timing in something that big with my $10,000 mountain bike just sitting on a rack outside...

gdaut

Well, most of these big campers are designed to only sleep two people (you can usually make up the dinette into a pinch, but mostly these are designed to house two people comfortably). And they almost all have crew cab trucks. It is an easy thing to take out the back seat, or fold it up like in my RAM, and there is plenty of room for bicycles back there. Probably a bit tight for a moto or a side by side ATV though.

rawtoxic

We keep $5k+ of fat Ebikes out on our Tiger rear rack I don't lose any sleep they're just earthy possessions. I've had to stick the e-bikes in a lake bath after a bad muddy road a few times I know some bike purists would faint - I bought my ******** to use brother not pamper. I'd personally prefer to have living space than bikes cramping my style. When I do hiking trailheads I do worry some but usually I back the bikes off a steep incline or into some trees making it a real pain in the ass if you want to steal our bikes usually more worried in city anyhow.

You could make a bike garage in backseat of our crew cab tiger likely too - but would ruin one of the best features - the pass thru.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
This thing has been for sale for years, the bunk beds seem to be a kiss of death.

yes, it has been for sale for quite a while. If I was in the market for this kind of vehicle, though, the bunkbeds wouldn’t scare me. You can always have some cabinets built in there, or whatever you like.
For me, the kiss of death would’ve been a 6.4.

Bellpilot1

I would not mind finding one of the last ER XV LT’s , F550 super cab with the 6.7. They are “only” about 24’ long. My other concern I have heard is they can get frame cracks just passed the cab which can be a costly repair. Any one that has one they would like to sell let me know!

Last edited:

bbrl007

This thing has been for sale for years, the bunk beds seem to be a kiss of death.

The main issue for me with this ER is the length, this one is a LTS (S) S stands for stretch, so not only is it longer than a standard ER but then you add the king cab with the 4 doors, 4 seats and you have a very long ER. It's hard enough trying to maneuver a standard LTS, let alone a stretch. And then to top it off, when you get inside you are confronted with bunkbeds, so the extra length becomes redundant.

Kess

I have a Tiger and like the shorter length (20.5 feet with an extended cab). I often carry pretty expensive bikes and have them on a rear rack up high over the spare. I usually have 2 locks in an effort to deter theft but a determined theif with a cordless angle grinder can pretty much get what they are after. If I am in a city or will be parking for a long hike or trail run I will put the bikes in the extended cab area so they are out of sight (rear cab windows are tinted fairly heavily) and I feel better having the bikes in that space. Once I am camping or back on the road or I am less concerned about theft I put the bikes on the rear rack to open up the pass through which is a feature I like in the Tiger. I have found that I can climb over a bike without too much difficulty if it is extended cab. I have seen a few Tiger owners add a large rear box which can hold their bikes as well as
XP & Skjwis box.jpg
other gear.

Reactions: zip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater