2012 JKUR (RUBIcube)

cman175

Hi all. I am new to the forum. I picked up the JK in the spring of 2012. I absolutely love it. I bought two 74' CJ-5's when I was in highschool and drove one while attempting to restore the second. I still have them but they haven't been driven in quite a few years. Life has a way of getting ahead of you.... Anyway I am fixing up the jeep to be more suitable for family vacations (wife, 2 kids, 2-1/2 dogs). Hopefully soon I will have a 416 type trailer but for the time being we are making due with the roof rack and one of those small hitch mounted racks. We like to camp, nothing too crazy, but will try to get more expeditionary when our youngest is a little older. I will post my progress as things are added to the jeep and I am welcome to suggestions on things. I guess I will set this up like I have seen some set up on other forums.

Post 1: intro
Post 2: list of modifications
Post 3: photos

Thanks for looking

cman175

mods

Jeep: 2012 JKU Rubicon 6spd. Color match top and fenders.

AEV 3.5" SC suspension
AEV Pintler wheels in argent
BFG KM2 35x12.5 R17
Rebel off-road JK roof rack with welded light tabs
Truck Lite LED headlights Gen1
Rigid Industries E-series lights 30" spot/flood (front) 2 x 6" flood (sides) 2 x 4" flood (rear) all mounted to the roof rack and wired through the rear window with disconnects to allow removal of the top.
4X4 sPOD 1=front lights 2= rear lights 3= left lights 4= right lights 5= open(winch power?) 6= open (trailer power?)
TnT customs modular belly pan system, aluminum, p/c black
TnT customs Rock Sliders, adventure step, boatside panels, p/c black
Graco child seat 2009 model in gray/red
Dutch Shepherd alarm system (see photo#1)

Last edited:

cman175

photo (2).jpg photo.jpg
areve8yn.jpg

Last edited:

Gaucho919

Adventurer
That's some pretty country there, do you have plenty of trails to explore there? Here in Libby it's mostly forest service roads

greggNJ

Observer
The Jeep looks great! Hope to have mine looking something like that...eventually.
Nice "alarm system" you have there, but I want to see the 1/2 dog :Wow1:

cman175

greggNJ
The Jeep looks great! Hope to have mine looking something like that...eventually.
Nice "alarm system" you have there, but I want to see the 1/2 dog
013.jpg
In the jeep photos is a Dutch Shepherd (85lbs). We also have a Vizsla (50lbs) and this little girl is for my wife. 3 week old Border Terrier (baxter in the anchor man). She will only be about 14 pounds so I call her a half dog.

Gaucho919
That's some pretty country there, do you have plenty of trails to explore there? Here in Libby it's mostly forest service roads

Those are the Bears paw mountains south of town. Most of the country around is flat/ rolling hill farmland similar to the GreatFalls area. There are some logging trails in the mountains. When we go camping it's mostly in Glacier park. Her family has a cabin in Essex right in the park so it is kind of our base camp.

WKexpedition
Very clean Rubi dude. Awesome work!!
Thank you. It is definitely a work in progress and hopefully I can make it "grow" with the family.

Glenn C

Observer
Nice Truck dude , love the all black look , black is just a colour that looks good on anything , had a border terrier when i was a kid a crazy mut so he was , used drink tea and eat coal :victory:

cman175

Just bought a m101 Canadian from helisharpe. I was looking at a Manley ORV forever but could never make the finances work out. So now with the deal I got on this super clean trailer I can add to it and still be ahead of what I was planning on spending. My sister just picked the trailer up for me. We will finally have enough room for everything and be able to get out more often. Just in time for spring. I can't wait to get home and get started......
u4upygej.jpg

cman175

pega5y4u.jpg

Finally picked up the trailer from my sister in NV. Tows real nice. Doesn't hurt mileage much. Win win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online