2012 JKUR (RUBIcube)

EttienneM

Observer
Nice looking jeep!

How does the ight bar function in that position? I also have half rack on mu JKU, but was worried that placing the light there would cast an enormous shadow in front of the jeep.

cman175

Nice looking jeep!

How does the ight bar function in that position? I also have half rack on mu JKU, but was worried that placing the light there would cast an enormous shadow in front of the jeep.

The light bar does cast a shadow from that far back. Not as bad as one would think. Maybe 20' in front of the truck. I also have trucklite led headlights that fill the void. The biggest issue I have with the light on top is that is illuminates all the fine particles in my line of sight. If it isn't a clear night there is almost too much light if you know what I mean. If I were to do it again I would mount the front facing light on a bull bar or winch protection loop. I still might move it when I get my front bumper.

EttienneM

Observer
Thanks, then I'll be leaving mine where it is :D

The light bar does cast a shadow from that far back. Not as bad as one would think. Maybe 20' in front of the truck. I also have trucklite led headlights that fill the void. The biggest issue I have with the light on top is that is illuminates all the fine particles in my line of sight. If it isn't a clear night there is almost too much light if you know what I mean. If I were to do it again I would mount the front facing light on a bull bar or winch protection loop. I still might move it when I get my front bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online