2012 Tacoma Pics

austintaco

Explorer
Sweet! Looks like the value of my 2001 is going to go through the roof!

I love the look of my 03, but I don't think the new design is that bad. The packages and configurations could be better, but they are not going to lose sales because of it. I am not going to run out and buy one because I am not in the market right now, but if it was time to trade in my 03, I would take a look.

Applejack

Explorer
I wasn't fond of the changes in '05 but they grew on me and I eventually liked them for the most part and bought one. I don't see these refinements as anything too drastic. My big question is why not give it the higher output 4.0 that the 4RNR and FJ get. The Taco's power is no match for the Frontiers I must say...................reluctantly.

18seeds

Explorer
I think it's a much better look and they are finally putting some of the more luxury accessories in the tacoma (IE Nav). I wonder if they did anything to the seat design. That was the main reason i got rid of my 2010 Taco.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
you must have had a base model? my 08 trd sport has the nicest seats of any truck ive sat in before.

Yep, the TRD seats are awesome. SR5 seats just dont compare.

I looked an a 2012 the other day. Very little has changed except for the front sheetmetal/grill/lights and the dash so parts compatability is still there from 05 to 12 I'd say, that's good for me that they are running 7 years of common parts - I'm running mine until it falls apart :)

4xdog

Explorer
Toyota's DVD based NAV system is nothing to be excited about.

I'll assume the nav system is a close relative of the one in my 2008 Lexus RX350. That system finds a signal fast and holds it well.

Why it needs A DVD system stuck in the trunk to do less than a modern deck-of-cards-sized portable unit is beyond me.

Toyota, in their infinite wisdom, have disabled inputting destinations when the car is moving. (They didn't do the same for radio, telephone, climate ontrol, or any other system requiring driver input.) In compensation, Toyota provides a voice recognition system that may be the single most dysfunctional piece of Japanese technology I've ever seen. It's almost comical how poorly it recognizes what's said. It's completely unimpressive.

I wouldn't recommend paying extra for it (unless, like my RX, it's bundled with something worth having like HID lights).

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears