2012 Unlimited Rubicon

Toolman

Explorer
So we picked this up last Saturday, I couldn't wait until we got it on the trail. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this does off road with the stock set up. This is her daily driver so mods will come slowly as she gets more comfortable with the idea of taking it in the canyons and on the rocks. She loves it so far and so do I. We saw some various fixed up Toyota's on the trail today taking all the bypasses, as we popped on and off the main drag from the "more difficult side shoots" in our bone stock RUBICON.. the looks they were giving us were pretty funny. I'm sure they were thinking that we are crazy taking our brand new Jeep with dealer plates on the trail. I will say this, if you own a Rubicon and have never taken it on the trail, you should trade it in for a a street car, because you're not letting your JEEP live the life it was born to live. I have a new found respect for the stock Rubicon. I didn't have to get out once unless I felt nature calling. Electronic sway bar disco ??? sweet. I didn't have to lock the hubs ??? sweeter.. I didn't air down just to prove a point. When we hit pavement I pushed a couple of buttons, switched it into 2WD and home bound we were. WITH HEATED SEATS. Stupid at first I thought and then this morning with a stiff back that heat felt fantastic. So I would imagine that a buggy will be in the garage and her Rubicon will be getting the royal Genright Aluminum treatment.

Stay tuned for mods and upgrades

IMG_0878.jpg

Cleghorn070.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Cleghorn079.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Cleghorn073.jpg

GarScramb

Congrats on the new ride! Glad to hear how well it performed. I ordered one last week (also a white Rubi Unlimited) and your pics are making me more impatient.

MCObray

Explorer
Nice! Gorgeous JK you got there. It appears that you guys had yourself a good time and it cracked me up to see the dealership plates still on there.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
It's a good feeling isn't it, I have been enjoying comfortable heated power seats on a 106 inch wheelbase for 12 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. And the looks are always fun to get when the shorter wheelbase rigs struggle or take the bypass and we crawl right through. The white and lighter colored JK's are selling very well right now. I saw an Orange Crush JK on Friday and he gave me a thumbs up, I waved and smiled, all I could think of was the soda.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Congratulations to the new Rubi; excellent choice of vehicle and color :elkgrin:

One question though: If it is her daily driver, what are you doing behind the wheel grinning from ear to ear???

Toolman

Explorer
Thanks for all the compliments and kind words everyone. It's her daily driver, but it's my weekend Wrangler.

I like the dealer plates too. It gave it an extra smile factor when driving it off road.

I believe the SYSTEM OK, light is the On Board Diagnostics. I like buttons and this a lot of buttons. One of which I was trippin' out on is the down hill assist. It basically controlled the vehicles trans, and brakes to the point where I couldn't do anything but steer, oh ya and laugh diabolically.

Did I mention that we got the LIFE TIME WARRANTY, 84 Years to be exact. Yep bumper to bumper, inside and out. A guy in my jeep club has it on his wife's JK and it has baffled me that they would offer something like that. So for an extra couple bucks, I have insurance that if anything breaks, axle, t-case, heated seat, etc. it will be covered for as long as it's registered to her.

Oh. I noticed in the back ground of this picture the various other branded 4X4's that were driving the main road, and scratching their heads as I popped out from the turn outs, and right back onto the rougher parts of the trail.

IMG_0884.jpg

ExpoMike

Great looking rig. Yeah, when the wife and I were on the Big Island, HI, we rented a Rubicon and I was totally amazed by the offroad performance in stock form. It was amazing and yes, electronic sway bar disconnects and lockers are awesome. For 95-98% of the areas we travel, I would really never have to modify a Rubi.

Now that they have the new drivetrain, icing on the cake. Also love the color matched roof/flairs. Makes me want one so bad but no budget for one.

Enjoy!!!

KellyM

Adventurer
Very nice! Thanks for working out the mods in advance for us --hopefully we will get ours next year. Missed you guys on the MR, but it looks like you had fun anyway. BTW, we saw a '12 JKUR Crush at Fort Piute with the dealer plates still on as well. (Crush with a matching top is a lot of orange.)

Kelly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78