2013 EXPEDITION PORTAL CALENDAR - Time to submit your photos!

SilverBullet

Explorer
ATTENTION ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!

Only 28 photos have been sen tin this year, where are all you guys?

I have to cut off entries November 17, so please get them in.

Calendars will NOT be available by Christmas if we don't get these in soon, so...

NOVEMBER 17 IS THE DEADLINE.

The last 2 years I have had the opportunity to put together some great calendars from your photos and make them available to the entire site of Expedition Portal. This year, we are doing it again.

The 2013 Expeditions Portal Calendar will be available as soon as we get photos and vote on our top 13 pictures. I plan to release it in early to mid December.

Here are the rules to submit a photo:

• Submit your pictures to arizonaletendre@gmail.com
  • Each submission MUST contain: Forum Username or your full name (so I can get a hold of you if necessary), and a vehicle description and location. Ex.: "1995 Toyota 4Runner, Moab, UT. --or-- 1998 Toyota 4Runner, Nevada.
  • 2 Pictures per person/member, so choose your favorite two and send those.
  • Landscape-oriented pictures or square images only. No portrait pictures.
  • This year, pictures will be scaled to fit the page with black space surrounding the remaining area. No cropping will be done.
  • Pictures need to be of high resolution and file size (no thumbnails). Many email applications try to re-size images before sending, please make sure this has not happened. I may email you if a higher resolution is needed.
  • Pictures will be put online for voting of the top 12 and cover by anyone interested.
  • The classic vehicles (Unimog, Land Rover, Land Cruiser, etc) are of course expected but unusual expedition platforms are also welcomed and encouraged!
  • Pictures can come from members of this forum or any other forum/site as long as there is no copyright infringement. Please do NOT include a watermark on the photo.
  • All submissions are released for reprint for the Expedition Portal 2013 calendar only and owner agrees to that use. Caption may be edited for length as necessary. Pictures will not be used for other publications or publicity without the original photographers consent and member names will not be printed on the photos.

Have fun and let's get those pictures in, timelines are short this year, so start combing your shots from past trips.

Last edited:

Cody1771

Explorer
If we do want to edit/crop our pictures what aspect ration are the calander shots going to be? and yes, whats the deadline?

SilverBullet

Explorer
Okay, for aspect ratio, I will be creating in a new software this year so I don't know exactly, but the printed size will be like last year, and 11"x8.5" photo, so I am thinking keep it close to 4:3.

As for deadline... I am talking to Christian about that right now. We want to have enough time for more folks to submit their photos, but on the other hand I need to have time to put them all together, get a reasonable vote time frame, then compile and get printed hopefully so you can have them for Christmas gifts. So as you can see, time is an issue.

For now, you will have at least until November 1 to submit. Their is a slight possibility that that will be extended, but November 1 is a safe bet for now.

SilverBullet

Explorer
I just received confirmation from Christian, for photos selected, the artist will get an issue of Overland Journal and some OJ sticker swag!

barlowrs

Explorer
Hey Brian, is it possible to print a little "Photo by: XXXXXX" label on the calendar pages? I have several photos from different photo shoots and REAL photographers that have been on trips with us that I want to submit, however, I want to make sure the real photographer gets credit (I could never take a pic this good).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears