2013 Rav4

rkj__

Adventurer
I agree with all those saying that all these crossover things are starting to look the same.

Pick your size, pick the logo on the grill, and enjoy your new vehicle.

tommudd

Explorer
We have a 95 Rav 4 that my wife drives daily in Tanzania
She loves that thing and wanted me to get her a new one when she comes back here.
After seeing the 13's I think I'll convince her that she needs an older one!

haven

Expedition Leader
Edmunds has posted a road test of the 2013 RAV4. It's at the top of the small SUV class in most departments. Edmunds found that the 2013 model has become more maneuverable and fun to drive. Fuel economy (an observed 23 mpg for the AWD model) is a weak point.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/rav4/2013/road-test1.html

The RAV4's main competitors in the $25-$30K price range include Honda CR-V, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester.

The Toyota Highlander is larger, and costs about $5000 more. It has a V6 engine and 5 speed transmission, which costs 2 or 3 mpg, compared to the RAV4 (inline four and 6 speed). What the Highlander offers is a 25% larger interior, with three rows of seats. Since the Highlander is largely unchanged for 2013, I think you could negotiate an attractive price.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I got a chance to get up close and personal with a new RAV4 yesterday. I assume you won't be able to get it with AWD and a manual trans (the non-turbo Forester is the only shift-it-yourself-choice here). In addition, all RAV4s will have the black body cladding at this point.

Interior is decently spacious and comfortable. More and more cars are going to a leatherette interior; RAV4 is one of them. The seats have leather trim, though. (Frankly, that's OK with me; I'm not a big leather upholstery fan.)

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman