2013 Rubicon Overland Build - reduced to $29k

uglybaby

Observer
I am the third owner of 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I purchased it in December 2015 from this forum. Since then, it has taken my wife and I on a lot of adventures, from Nantahala in NC, to Big Bend, Mojave, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Anza Borrego and lots of places in between. My wife has been patiently waiting for a hard-sided camping vehicle, so we’re selling this fully built Jeep to fund our next build (either a van or Alaskan Camper).

The vehicle is in southern California but has Nevada plates and clean NV title. Unless you’re a NV resident, I need to keep those plates, so we’ll need a plan for you to move the vehicle. Currently ~86k miles on the odometer but it's my DD so that number will climb slowly. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see more pics. It's in good condition, but it's certainly not "like new". It's spent a lot of it's life offload and there are a few small dings and scratches.

You will be hard-pressed to find a better-equipped and more capable adventure vehicle that can literally go anywhere. This Jeep was converted in 2013 using $40,000 in parts and labor with professional installation being done at AT Overland in Prescott, AZ. Additionally, This Jeep Rubicon comes factory equipped with Dana 44s with front and rear locking differentials, front sway bar disconnect, 4:1 transfer case gear ratio, factory skid plates and rocker protection!

It's a very coherent build and I'd prefer not to part it out (yet) but if there is interest in that, I might consider it.

Asking $35,000. Please let me know if you have questions or want to see photos of anything specific.

Everything works except the compressor, and the awning has some holes (details below). You could fly in to town tomorrow and drive this anywhere.

Factory Options:
5 Speed Automatic Transmission
Max Tow Package
4.10 Gear Ratio
Heated Seats
3-Piece Hard-top
UConnect System
Sirius Satellite Radio
CD Player
120 volt outlet on console
Factory Sub woofer

EXTERIOR

Bumpers / Recovery

AEV JK Premium Front Bumper includes: Tow Loops, Off Road Light Brackets, Stainless Steel Mesh, Crush Cans, Crush Can Covers, Factory Fog Lights
AEV Front Bumper Winch Mount
Warn 9.5 cti electric recovery winch with synthetic line and hawse fairlead and Factor 55 Flat Link shackle mount
AEV front license plate mount and bracket
AEV Front Skid plate: Protects sway bar, impact beam, and steering
AEV Rear Bumper with built in water tank (pump kit included) and tire carrier
AEV Spare Tire Carrier Fuel Caddy 10.2 Gallons-Black.
AEV Hi-Lift / Pull Pal mount for rear bumper with High Lift jack, Pull Pal (land anchor for self-recovery) and shovel mounted
Custom sand ladder mount and sand ladders

Suspension

AEV 2.5” Dual Sport XT Suspension - Frequency-Tuned Progressive Rate Springs, Bump stop Spacers, Rear Stabilizer End Links, Rear Track bar Tower, Rear Track Bar, Front Brake line Droop Brackets
Adjustable Air Lift air springs in rear
Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets
Offroad Evolution manual sway bar disconnect (replaces the factory electronic sway bar disconnect that had a dubious reputation)

Exterior Electrical / Lighting

Dual Battery Tray with Remy Intimidator Dual Purpose Starting/Cycling Batteries - bother batteries replaced AUG 2016
National Luna Split Charging Kit with Intelligent Solenoid (battery isolator), Voltage Monitor with added 30A 12V Adjustable Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) (protects battery from over-discharge)
Baja Designs Squadron Combo LED Lights (2)
Baja Designs Pre-Runner 6” HID Lights with rock guards (2)
6 LED Rectangular HD Flood Light for reverse light

Exterior Accessories

EXTREMEAIRE 12 volt Compressor – hard-mounted under Jeep with custom skid plate. Quick disconnect ports at front and rear bumper. Pressure regulator/safety check valve/compressor intake snorkel – all located under hood. *** This is not working at the moment. I believe it's the solenoid and I've ordered a replacement.
AT Overland Custom Aluminum 10 lb Propane Cylinder Bracket & clamp and Rear JK External Accessory Bracket
Hannibal Awning 2.4M with all four Enclosure Walls – mounted above passenger side doors *** velcro strips (for attaching the walls) are loose in a few places and the awning has a few small holes in it.
Custom awning mount above tailgate door with custom awning (Width 39” Length 8’.6”)
MBRP Roof rack with custom ladder and light bar
James Baroud Discovery Extreme Rooftop Tent with spare tire storage
Offroad Elements M8 Stealth Limb Riser Kit (cables are disconnected but included)
AEV Snorkel with Pre-filter Assembly
Hood Lock
Vector Offroad Exo Rack spare tire / accessory rack
Stock Rubicon wheels and tires (Approx 23k miles on the tires. Still in good shape but with normal wear from on and off-road use)
Dynatrac Pro-Grip brake kit with Spidertracks spacers (required to fit the larger calipers under the stock wheels. Can be removed if you fit larger wheels/tires). This was a great addition that I installed last year - significantly improves stopping power.
Hitch Safe locking security box for spare key/other valuables

INTERIOR

Storage

AT Overland - Stage 1 Composite drawer and Stage 2 Composite twin-top loading compartment with custom factory sub-woofer install
AT Overland Jeep JK Interior Cargo Rack with custom mount for Eezi-Awn K9 Stainless Steel Camp Table

Interior Electrical

A-Pillar Switch Pod and Rocker Switches (controls Air Compressor, Accessory Lights, and Hot Water Heater)
National Luna Weekender 50L Fridge/Freezer Split (Stainless Steel)
On Combo slide w/ Partner Steel Stove w/ wind screen
National Luna 15-LED Light - custom mounted on tailgate window to illuminate outdoor kitchen
Kenwood Reverse Camera with Advent LCDM40A Rear view Mirror (monitor screen in mirror)
AEV ProCal Module

Shower / Water System

Nautic Junior Stainless Steel Hot Water Tank. 6liters (1.32 Gallons). 12 volt heat element model, 200 watts with 20A circuit breaker [Housed under Stage 2 Composite Compartment]
13.2gal. Water Tank [Housed under Stage 2 Composite Compartment]
Universal Pump + Strainer - 12volt Hp, 30 psi [Housed under Stage 2 Composite Compartment]
External Hot/Cold Shower Point, mixer valve, shower head and hose assembly
Stainless Steel Fill Point for Water Tank

Interior Accessories

Eezi-Awn K9 Stainless Steel Camp Table
Trailgator fold down tailgate table and cutting board
Two fire extinguishers and mounts (one at kitchen area – one at driver’s seat)
Trek Armor seat covers (front)
Husky floor mats
Extreme Terrain Interior Cargo Nets
Yeti bottle opener (mounted on interior of tailgate)
Locking Security Boxes under driver and passenger seat

Attachments

• P1010039 rs.jpeg
    P1010039 rs.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,777
  • IMG_2731 2 rs.jpeg
    IMG_2731 2 rs.jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 1,894
  • IMG_2388 2 rs.jpeg
    IMG_2388 2 rs.jpeg
    756.2 KB · Views: 1,862
  • IMG_3946 2 rs.jpeg
    IMG_3946 2 rs.jpeg
    993.6 KB · Views: 1,931
  • IMG_3947 rs.jpeg
    IMG_3947 rs.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,903
  • IMG_5201 rs.jpeg
    IMG_5201 rs.jpeg
    817.1 KB · Views: 1,796
  • IMG_5203 rs.jpeg
    IMG_5203 rs.jpeg
    724.9 KB · Views: 1,650
  • IMG_5204 rs.jpeg
    IMG_5204 rs.jpeg
    671.4 KB · Views: 1,638
  • IMG_5190 rs.jpeg
    IMG_5190 rs.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 1,581

uglybaby

Observer
Midweek bump. New price: $31k for an unstoppable rig.

Will consider offers but don’t wait - she’s going into long term storage next week.

ntgbrl

Let me know if you decide to part out the AT Overland Stage-2 drawer setup. I've been looking for a used one for a while now.

MCX

TalesFromTheDesert.com
Man, great ride and a sweet deal! If I was in the market for a different vehicle, I'd be all over this. Good luck!

uglybaby

Observer
Thanks, guys. I've put her in long term storage for the next few months. When I get back into town I'll have to reconsider whether she stays or goes- kinda miss her already!

uglybaby

Observer
Ok, I'm back in town and I've gotten the Jeep out of storage. I've decided to keep the RTT for now, so that is no longer included (though I suppose I could be swayed if someone really wants it). Otherwise, everything else is as stated above. New price $29k.

A few pics without the tent (bike rack included, but not the bike!)...
IMG_5361.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG
IMG_5364.JPG
IMG_5366.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG

uglybaby

Observer
How feasible is sleeping in the rear?

Sleeping in the jeep is very feasible for one person. The AT Stage 1 and Stage 2 storage units provide a flat surface for that purpose. In fact, there is a small swing up extension (with support) at the front of the unit so that with the passenger seat pushed forward it can extend about half a foot. If you're interested, I will try to get some pictures of that today. There are some smooth, low-profile tie-down points on top of the drawer system, so you'd want to use a sleeping pad, but I don't think they would cause trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle