2013 Silverado Adventure Build

wrmmt

Adventurer
Thanks, glad you like them! Finished the second part of the trip report/blog post and got it online. Some more pictures and driving around Death Valley!

http://www.expeditionlost.com/a-death-valley-spring-part-2---troubles-in-titus.html

7589271_orig.jpg

1804263_orig.jpg

9840617_orig.jpg

wrmmt

Adventurer
Took a short camping trip with some friends over the weekend. Turned out to be pretty rainy and wet all weekend, but good times were had! Managed to rig up a pretty rickety tarp set up to keep us as dry as possible, but definitely want to get an awning for the roof rack in the near future. Otherwise truck worked great, the Kings have definitely been a good addition, more suspension in the dreaming phase, but waiting for the job situation to work itself out...

Anyway, here are a couple pictures from the trip:
2140941_orig.jpg

2179089_orig.jpg

4168937_orig.jpg

3511339_orig.jpg

Tiki

Observer
Stock bumper with a Rough Country winch mount or a Mazzulla lower tube bumper would be my vote!

Are the KO2's 285/65R18s?

Last edited:

swrider

Observer
Nice truck and awesome write up. Since I have a '14 Z71, your write up has given me much to think about!!!
Right now my truck is stock. Looking to do a setup with a bed rack and a rtt mounted on it, keeping it as low as possible to decrease drag and maintain mpg's. Speaking of that, how much of a hit did u take with the addition of the bigger tires and the suspension lift???
I have not decided on a lift yet, not really sure if I would even need a lift, maybe just get by with a leveling kit so that I can bring up the front a little, and get rid of the wind dam on the bumper...
Death Valley is awesome, and living in Vegas makes for a very tempting weekend trip. Just have to wait on temps to go down some more.
Thanks for your write up!!!

wrmmt

Adventurer
Stock bumper with a Rough Country winch mount or a Mazzulla lower tube bumper would be my vote!

Are the KO2's 285/65R18s?

They're actually 275/70R18s. Have had a lot of time to think on the bumper and still can't quite make up my mind... I really like the Mazzulla bumper set up, but not sure how it would look with my topper/roof rack/etc...

Nice truck and awesome write up. Since I have a '14 Z71, your write up has given me much to think about!!!
Right now my truck is stock. Looking to do a setup with a bed rack and a rtt mounted on it, keeping it as low as possible to decrease drag and maintain mpg's. Speaking of that, how much of a hit did u take with the addition of the bigger tires and the suspension lift???
I have not decided on a lift yet, not really sure if I would even need a lift, maybe just get by with a leveling kit so that I can bring up the front a little, and get rid of the wind dam on the bumper...
Death Valley is awesome, and living in Vegas makes for a very tempting weekend trip. Just have to wait on temps to go down some more.
Thanks for your write up!!!

Well I only have it leveled with the Kings, but the suspension/tires didn't give too much of a hit in terms of mpg. I don't remember for sure, but I am thinking it was somewhere around 1 mpg drop on average, maybe a little less. The roof rack definitely did more of a hit than the tires/suspension but that was nothing unexpected... If you know what you want to do in terms of shocks, its a nice way to level the front end and improve the ride at the same time. Getting rid of the wind dam definitely helps the look, one of the first things to go when I got mine...

Glad you liked the write up! Really loved the trip, definitely going to be planning some more trips down there although I would definitely have to wait for better temperatures!

awphillips93

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you put on the 33" BFGs before any lift/level, correct? If so, was there any interference with them? I've got a stock 2011 Silverado that needs new tires soon, and I was hoping to go up in size just a bit.

Thanks!
Alex

wrmmt

Adventurer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you put on the 33" BFGs before any lift/level, correct? If so, was there any interference with them? I've got a stock 2011 Silverado that needs new tires soon, and I was hoping to go up in size just a bit.

I actually had a 1.5" level on when I went up to the 33s. There was a tiny bit of scrape on the fender well plastic at full lock when the suspension was under compression, but pretty minor. No issues with the current full level. Cant say anything definite about the fitment on stock, but if you go to 33s with the stock height you would definitely need to at least trim the fender wells. I also had taken the stock mudflaps off but they would definitely have rubbed a little at full turn, they would have to go as well if you haven't taken them off already.

awphillips93

No mudflaps on mine, but also no lift... I was thinking I'd need to trim or lift to fit 33s with no rubbing, and you confirmed that. Thanks! I appreciate the help and am enjoying your thread.

Alex

wrmmt

Adventurer
Well, its been a bit of a rough year for me so far so not a whole lot has happened with the rig. Things are looking up some though, so hoping to change that soon. I do have a bit more of a plan for the build now though. Here is the updated plan:

Mazzulla Mid Travel Kit
King Shocks (Installed)
Mazzulla Shackle and Hanger Kit with Deaver Spring Set
King Shocks (Installed)
Will probably stay with 33s and the stock fenders for awhile, but I will probably go to glass fenders and 35s with updated gearing at some point when money allows...
Electronic lockers

Front Runner Roof Rack (Installed)
CVT Awning (Installed)
solar panel system

Cold air intake (haven't decided which yet, anyone have any they've tried and liked?)
Exhaust, set up for cut bedsides

Mazzulla rear plate bumper and hitch receiver set up
Front tube bumper, right now leaning towards the LEX offroad bumper
Front LED lighting

Fridge/freezer
Camp set-up - has been working well so far, but I think I am going to be running out of space soon. If its a solo mission it works great, but with two people and camping gear, its a tight fit and we have to do a lot of shuffling. Been thinking of doing a sleeping platform with storage underneath, but hate to loose the head room. Have thought of getting rid of the topper and doing a RTT, but there there are definitely some negatives on that. Going to stick with what I have for now and see how it goes.

Will have some smaller, cosmetic changes as well, but that's the meat of what I am hoping to do. For now, here are a few more pictures to update!
6545215_orig.jpg

1931728_orig.jpg

3044519_orig.jpg

150717_orig.jpg

2598958_orig.jpg

480329_orig.jpg

1265769_orig.jpg

dsc-9965fin_orig.jpg

14309823_1034861743278887_239860087_n.jpg

14360102_348604745529618_1600511215_n.jpg

Big50

Adventurer
Truck looks great and looks like you've been having some nice adventures as well. Looking forward to seeing the build progress!

wrmmt

Adventurer
Truck looks great and looks like you've been having some nice adventures as well. Looking forward to seeing the build progress!

Thanks! Some parts of the year haven't gone as hoped, but the adventures have been awesome! Been exploring some new places close to home as well as down in the desert. Hoping to get the build back on track now.

Tiki

Observer
Ugh this thread make me jealous. Damn near identical to what I want to do. The factory OEM Kings still work and pull the same numbers as the Mazzulla spec King shocks? I haven't got that far in my research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179