2014 Chevy 1500 AWD - Family Road-Camp-Havoc-Mobile

fire_strom

Adventurer
Great stuff. Did you end up doing the dual batteries in the engine compartment? Do you notice any hit to the articulation with the sway bar?
-G

njason99

Love the steel spares! I was thinking about putting them on mine. Are they the same backspace as the factory wheels?

snowriderz

Yup curious about the dual batteries as I am at that step too? Thinking about remote mounting underneath vs the dual battery setup?

akskiffer

plenty of room on the long wheel base

Len.Barron is that your van? You added the switches and boxes? Trick!

Boxes are right below my sink vanity which is crammed full(water, grey water, battery, plus adding the charge controller, fuses etc. and Kw inverter)'Xmas goodies'
I would love to mount my camping battery on the frame and lower center of gravity a tad too

Thanks,
Tod
'09 express 1500 H1(awd) LT

Last edited:

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Yup curious about the dual batteries as I am at that step too? Thinking about remote mounting underneath vs the dual battery setup?

I still need to tidy of the final finish wiring, but it fully functional.

theres 3 custom brackets underneath a chopped up rugged ridge dual battery tray. It came out solid.

i need to figure out the best place to penetrate wiring through the firewall so I can mount the dual battery monitor inside the cab.

00B721BF-1D43-41A9-B085-E10B38AC0BC7.jpegE02E6886-BE4C-4D55-8856-C91E0A2B68BC.jpeg

TeleSteve

Adventurer
There is a wiring boot on the firewall just to the drivers side of the steering column that I have had good success adding more wires to.

BNovoa

they fit. solid. Need to wire it all up.

then begin adding circuits for fridge outlet, front driving lights, 12v-120V inverter, ham radio, air compressor, etc.
Hello! Looking to do the same thing with my 2012 express. Do you have any pics or specs of the battery tray wIth modifications before you installed it? Also, any additional details on how you mounted it inside the engine compartment? New to all this and trying to get a better sense of what I’ve got ahead of me here. Thanks!
B

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Hello! Looking to do the same thing with my 2012 express. Do you have any pics or specs of the battery tray wIth modifications before you installed it? Also, any additional details on how you mounted it inside the engine compartment? New to all this and trying to get a better sense of what I’ve got ahead of me here. Thanks!
B
see post #19 in this thread. It shows the cut/modified rugged ridge (jeep jk) dual battery tray. I had to make 3 additional brackets to set the tray onto. I didn't document it very well, but I might have some photos I can find to post up?

I also built a rear storage/shelving behind the 2 stock seats. A couple people less than 6' tall can sleep on top of it. I'll have to post some pictures of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger