2014 Sierra 1500 OVRLND camper

dstefan

Question on your heater placement: do you find the fridge top getting warm/hot? I have a Wave 3 mounted similarly with my ARB 50 in the same place, but looks like maybe 3-4 inches closer to P side bed wall than yours. It clears the 4” distance Olympian specs, but just barely. Haven't actually had opportunity to use it, so wondering if I may need a heat shield or figure another place for the heater.

Any problems in your experience?

Wrathchild

@dstefan no heat issues hitting the top of the fridge. Been happyish with the heater in general. It does well enough in knocking the chill off.
Camped recently and it was raining really hard all night. Condensation sucked. And I think running the heater all night made it worse. The wave is definitely more suited to dry climates IMO as I had no issues in the Sierras even in winter.

plan to switch up my heater this winter to either a planar or Dickinson (if I can figure out how to run the chimney)

dstefan

@dstefan no heat issues hitting the top of the fridge. Been happyish with the heater in general. It does well enough in knocking the chill off.
Camped recently and it was raining really hard all night. Condensation sucked. And I think running the heater all night made it worse. The wave is definitely more suited to dry climates IMO as I had no issues in the Sierras even in winter.

plan to switch up my heater this winter to either a planar or Dickinson (if I can figure out how to run the chimney)
Thanks, thats helpful to know. It’ll be interesting to see if you can figure the placement on the Planar or Dickinson. I’ve thought about both given the Wave limitations, but in my set up the placement seems really tough.
The Wave will likely be just fine since we’re mostly gonna be in the SW. We’ll see …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior