2014 Tacoma

p nut

butter
That's one of my favorite trucks as well. But I'd opt for a 2.7L swap (like Marlin Crawler).

Clutch

<---Pass
That's one of my favorite trucks as well. But I'd opt for a 2.7L swap (like Marlin Crawler).

even better.

I was thinking a LC Engineering massaged 22RE, but I like your idea better.

This was sitting at the Dodge dealer just down the road from me 2(?) years ago.

a83-1.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
x2, it would be hard to do, but I have to agree.

I like how they look, but wouldn't trade in my Tacoma for it...would have to be in addition to the Taco.

Would miss things like the extra-cab, "power", smoother ride, and the double walled bed. It might be me, but I think the 1st gen. Tacoma
are the goldilocks of the Toyota trucks for the US models. It could use a touch more power, a super charger fixes that though. The engines
are proving to be as reliable or maybe a touch more so than the 20/22R's.

the 01-04's do a good job of reminiscent styling of the early Hi-Luxes, round wheel wells, vertical bar grill, headlights give a glimpse
of being round like the 79-81 models.

IMG_1835.jpg a83-1.jpg

Last edited:

paddlenbike

Adventurer
It might be me, but I think the 1st gen. Tacoma are the goldilocks of the Toyota trucks for the US models. It could use a touch more power, a super charger fixes that though. The engines
are proving to be as reliable or maybe a touch more so than the 20/22R's.

the 01-04's do a good job of reminiscent styling of the early Hi-Luxes, round wheel wells, vertical bar grill, headlights give a glimpse
of being round like the 79-81 models.

I agree, although it's too bad that the Dana frames (American company BTW) soiled the reputation. If only the 1989-1995 pickups that were still built in Japan had the 5VZ-FE...

Clutch

<---Pass
I agree, although it's too bad that the Dana frames (American company BTW) soiled the reputation. If only the 1989-1995 pickups that were still built in Japan had the 5VZ-FE...

True, Toyota covered their butts though.

I haven't had any issues with mine, of course living in the Southwest helped tremendously with any rust issues, it still looks relatively good under there
especially for having 270K+ miles on the ODO.

p nut

butter
I haven't had any issues with mine, of course living in the Southwest helped tremendously with any rust issues, it still looks relatively good under there
especially for having 270K+ miles on the ODO.

Well, you gotta have SOME incentive to live in that furnace you call home.

:D

Clutch

<---Pass
Well, you gotta have SOME incentive to live in that furnace you call home.

:D

ha! good lord, don't remind me, 106º today, won't be cooler until November :smilies27

the paint didn't fair too well though...why didn't I buy a white one, why-o-why....

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I will take faded and cracked paint any day over rust...
My tacoma doesn't have the sun fade yet but both my cruisers do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12