2015 Chevy Express Van Duramax build- (FEV) Family Expedition Van

Len.Barron

Observer
I thought I would post the planned wiring diagram for the FEV VAN. There are some limitations to the software I used to create the diagram so no throwing rocks at my diagram. ;)
The image size for your diagram is really small so I had a hard time seeing the details, but, it looks like you are staying with a single alternator rather than using the factory optional parts to run dual alternators (ambulance spec); this would make the separation of systems much cleaner/simpler and eliminate the use of an isolator completely.

conqueror4x4usa

Good point with the dual alternator. I will do some more research on that and let you know what we decide. I think it might be the best solution for true isolation.

therabbittree

When you were in San Diego you should have stopped in! Did you know that our rock sliders work with this setup?

OK after going off road last week and bending up my side rocker panel...I am going to have to give you a call :) Do you have any in stock ready to ship?

Is your van the new 2.8 duramax, or a v8 duramax? We are looking at a new 2.8 duramax extended van ourselves, a local dealer is getting a quigley reg length 2.8 durmax soon.
Thanks,
Deo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whith

First post here but I figured I’d respond since I also have a 2015 Dmax Express. 2015 was still the 6.6 v8. I think the 2.8 started in 2016 but possibly 2017.

This is a cool project and very similar to how I use my van. Love to see some more pictures and an update.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Looks good!

I'm still looking for and driving a lot of different vehicles trying to narrow it down to what I want-van, truck, etc. I test drove a 2018 Express today with the Advanced 4x4 conversion and the 2.8L Duramax. I liked it.

haznavy

I have the same rig and am running into a problem getting the Aluminess ladder mounted on the passenger side due to the belled exhaust, did you run into this as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78