2015 F150 update

east_tn_81

Adventurer
So I just read that there is more to the new F150 then new looks and aluminum. Apparently there will also be a 10 speed transmission and a 3.0 diesel. This was posted today on auto guide. No numbers released yet. I imagine with a 10 speed tranny fuel economy regardless of gas or diesel should be pretty good.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
That would be epic.

Now if only they would come out with an offroad concept other than the Raptor. Hopefully they start selling a smaller ranger type truck again (in the US) or something like the bronco, better yet, a bronco/raptor combo!! Ha!! Ive been a Ford guy all my life but a 5th Gen T4R TE has my eyes and my savings account :)

And, yes, I know they came out with a bronco concept 4 or 5 years ago but obviously that isint a production model.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
thanks for the link. it says mid-cyle, so I assume the diesel is a few years away. The biggest bummer was the news that the super duty wont get the aluminum panels. That weight savings is a big deal.

garoNC

Ya know, I understand wanting to save weight, but at what cost? Is the 150 going to be another neutered vehicle to satisfy cafe standards and loose its ability to just be a good tough truck? Don't get me wrong as I love Fords and want a new one someday, but you gotta wonder, what's all this new wiz-bang technology gonna cost us? I cannot afford to be a guinea pig.

Clutch

<---Pass
Ya know, I understand wanting to save weight, but at what cost?

Higher pay-load? By the tune of 700lbs. ?

Is the 150 going to be another neutered vehicle....

The Eco-Boost puts out some impressive numbers, doesn't seem neutered to me. Betting the 3.0 diesel is going to be a little beasty!

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I think it is going to be pretty tough. They tested by secretly stamping it to a 2013 model and the racing it in the Baja 1000. That was just one of its stress test. I am sure there be issues there isn't a vechile produced in the world that doesn't have growing pains. I think this weight savings will be good. Ford may have not had the best track record with cars but they have always built a damn good truck.

Clutch

<---Pass
I think it is going to be pretty tough. They tested by secretly stamping it to a 2013 model and the racing it in the Baja 1000. That was just one of its stress test. I am sure there be issues there isn't a vechile produced in the world that doesn't have growing pains. I think this weight savings will be good. Ford may have not had the best track record with cars but they have always built a damn good truck.

*thumbs-up*

Looks like we are going to have a lot of great options here soon.

c'mon Toyota get your ******** in gear! ;) :D. Luv Yoda's and all, but man...what feet draggers...

east_tn_81

Adventurer
*thumbs-up*

Looks like we are going to have a lot of great options here soon.

c'mon Toyota get your ******** in gear! ;) :D. Luv Yoda's and all, but man...what feet draggers...

I just read that Toyota was also eyeing a diesel for the possible 2016 model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle

Members online