2016 Defender

brushogger

Explorer
With all the current and upcoming Euroregs it will be something along these lines. The pedestrian collision standards mandate a "soft" front end. That's where the plastic grill guards come from. It's also easier to improve on frontal crash protection with unibody construction vs body on frame. The vehicle gets totaled, but the occupants are better protected. The lighter potential weight helps with mileage standards. That being said, I still prefer the old iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xCSx

Adventurer
Clearly a fake !
Hoping the real one surfaces within the next 6 months... I will definitely get one if the looks (and price) is right. Otherwise an FJ Cruiser is calling my name soon... (4 more payments left on this mazda sedan.. - its been a long 5 yrs... especially when you find this forum 2 yrs into buying a new sedan haha)

wuntenn

Adventurer
Well if the Chinese are half as smart as they make out to be and can make a Defender clone that's as close to the original as the LandWind X7 is to the LandRover Evoque, see them here, then they could be onto a winner. A robust truck that can be fixed anywhere with a nailfile, a pair of scissors and a roll of duct-tape.

Think about it - a basic alloy shell on a recycled steel chassis, minimal electronics, simple mechanical fuel injection and able to have some of the OE parts used - would give bush mechanics all over the world a big smile, keep enthusiasts happy, and be a massive shot in the arm for the aftermarket parts businesses.

Pay LandRover $100 for each one they make to keep them happy and the world's their oyster!

Gren_T

Adventurer
I'd like to get my hands on a late 2015 110 Double cab, I work for TATA and get 20% discount on JLR cars - that's 6K off the book price of a 110DC, I was thinking LR may do an end of line limited edition that would stave off the inevitable depreciation for a few years and may be worth keeping considering I've had my current 90 for 15yrs.

Off I trotted to the local Land rover dealer mid Dec to inquire on dates etc and was told they were basically sold - there is a queue of "local" customers! eg not me..:(that were ready to put a deposit down when the last of the defender line is announced.
You never know the replacement could be a game changer like the disco was..:Wow1:

on a side note...
I'd not touch a Chinese built car with a ****ty stick let alone put someone i cared about in one - say nothing about the the copyright issues with the thieving b'stards.!

happy new year to you all
Gren

wuntenn

Adventurer
I'd like to get my hands on a late 2015 110 Double cab, I work for TATA and get 20% discount on JLR cars - that's 6K off the book price of a 110DC, I was thinking LR may do an end of line limited edition that would stave off the inevitable depreciation for a few years and may be worth keeping considering I've had my current 90 for 15yrs.

Off I trotted to the local Land rover dealer mid Dec to inquire on dates etc and was told they were basically sold - there is a queue of "local" customers! eg not me..:(that were ready to put a deposit down when the last of the defender line is announced.
You never know the replacement could be a game changer like the disco was..:Wow1:

on a side note...
I'd not touch a Chinese built car with a ****ty stick let alone put someone i cared about in one - say nothing about the the copyright issues with the thieving b'stards.!

happy new year to you all
Gren

I wasn't suggesting they (the Chinese) do it without permission, but rather with some arrangement that makes it above board, hence the payment. But I agree the LandWind ripoff is pretty outrageous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan