2016 F-250 Rear Springs- Deaver or Alcan?

hurc85

Do not forget the extended brake lines. I’ve gone the exact route you’re talking about, and waited a few weeks to add the brakes lines as I ran out of time during my install. Daily driving it wasn’t an issue, but I could quickly and easily put the stock brake lines in a bind with the new suspension without much effort at all.
Good call, added those to the list and updated totals in my previous post for the sake of providing complete info

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Definitely appreciate you chiming in IdaSHO, it’s good to see options and hopefully this info will help other folks deciding on suspension upgrades. My truck is equipped with the same factory spring options (VVFF) and I did consider going with a budget option from General or SD truck springs especially because I don’t really want a lift. I ended up shying away from that option because my camper is only on the truck about 50% of the time and when it’s off, I use the truck for a lot of back road travel. Shoot even on road travel feels like off roading during break up season here. From the research I’ve done it’s seems the best way to gain better ride quality in front is a small lift to increase wheel travel over the ,paltry few inches Ford provides in the stock suspension. So I accepted a small amount of lift and figured I’d match it with new rear springs. The cost of the budget option is definitely appealing, to go the way I’m planning will be mucho dinero;

Carli 2.5 in gas springs- $385
Carli caster shims- $75
Carli track bar- $420 (don’t know if I NEED this yet)
Alcan Custom rear springs w/unbolt plates- $1620
Accutune 2 in resi adjustable- $1720
Accutune 2.5 in resi adjustable-$2900

so all in $5400 on the high end, $4220 on the low end

I guess I need to start collecting dunnage for the rear spring install!

For the record, I wound up with about 1-1/2" of lift going with the higher capacity springs.
Also, knowing these superdutys and how particular they are with front end components, I wanted to keep it stock(ish) height in order to use all OEM front end parts.
Approaching 3" of lift as I recall is about where you must look into an adjustable track bar in order to center the axle under the chassis.
And as you have shown, a proper aftermarket track bar is not cheap.

So as long as you are willing to give up some ride comfort (especially empty) the savings is huge.
But to be fare, the empty ride is awfully stiff. I do have some simple, stiff shocks on it. Different shocks might help.
I also don't have any specially aftermarket parts to have to source if I ever needed a replacement.

All in, I'm 100% satisfied. Hauls the camper considerably safer, and a touch higher than stock looks proud :cool:

53032235549_2ba107ecd0_h.jpg

Last edited:

hurc85

For the record, I wound up with about 1-1/2" of lift going with the higher capacity springs.
Also, knowing these superdutys and how particular they are with front end components, I wanted to keep it stock(ish) height in order to use all OEM front end parts.
Approaching 3" of lift as I recall is about where you must look into an adjustable track bar in order to center the axle under the chassis.
And as you have shown, a proper aftermarket track bar is not cheap.

So as long as you are willing to give up some ride comfort (especially empty) the savings is huge.
But to be fare, the empty ride is awfully stiff. I do have some simple, stiff shocks on it. Different shocks might help.
I also don't have any specially aftermarket parts to have to source if I ever needed a replacement.

All in, I'm 100% satisfied. Hauls the camper considerably safer, and a touch higher than stock looks proud :cool:
It does sit just about perfect with the 1.5 in lift from the higher capacity springs. Did you keep the stock tire size?

p.s. I love your storage box, been thinking about redesigning my flat bed to incorporate something similar

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
It does sit just about perfect with the 1.5 in lift from the higher capacity springs. Did you keep the stock tire size?

I had to toss a small bock in the rear to nail the stance, but I also anticipate the coils sagging/relaxing as they wear in. So the rear block may be temporary.

Tires are not stock. Those are 35’s.
A tiny lift and these trucks scream for 37’s 🙄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle