2016 Tacoma

racerjb

Observer
It is soon to be released in a few days. Any predictions? Will it be just another slight bodywork change or some real changes.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I predict it will be evolutionary, on par with the 4runner updates. Offer a 6 speed auto, yada yada. Prices will be within $750 of the current prices. People will complain that isn't revolutionary enough. Then they will all buy them and it will still the most popular truck on the board for decade.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I hope there will be an option for luxury. To me the interior is lame and cheap. I hope they have something that has leather and not the cheap plastic looking dashboard, etc. That's the one thing stopping me from getting a tacoma.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I think you might be happy over at tacomaworld.com, SDDiver5. There are threads there pages long about iPod adapters and 18" wheels.

One thing I really hope is Toyota puts the manual transfer shifter back in, like the FJC and some 4Runners. Most of the other stuff is OK, even if they do offer leather and all that, if they would just offer a fairly straightforward 4x4 again but not necessarily bargain basement. I do like having A/C, bucket seats and a decent radio, but I just don't want to have to get Bluetooth this and Pandora that just to get the locker.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I think you might be happy over at tacomaworld.com, SDDiver5. There are threads there pages long about iPod adapters and 18" wheels.

One thing I really hope is Toyota puts the manual transfer shifter back in, like the FJC and some 4Runners. Most of the other stuff is OK, even if they do offer leather and all that, if they would just offer a fairly straightforward 4x4 again but not necessarily bargain basement. I do like having A/C, bucket seats and a decent radio, but I just don't want to have to get Bluetooth this and Pandora that just to get the locker.

I'm on there. Its a pretty cool forum...def has a lot of info. I don't want 18 inch wheels I just want a nicer interior and not have to swap everything in/out to get what I want. Something a little more classy to make the gf and clients a bit more comfortable. If there was an option to take the interior from a T4R TEP and put it into a tacoma but also still have a truck feel and all the features of a TRD OR then I'd be a happy camper.

I get what you mean...you want simplicity.

DaveInDenver

It's funny, we're in the process of moving our outfit to a 2008 Tacoma from my 1991 Pickup and we both feel the interior of the Taco is way nice and plush. It's relative I suppose. Also our use is not to haul clients but utility, so our demands are different. If I was doing that I would use a 4Runner more likely.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It's funny, we're in the process of moving our outfit to a 2008 Tacoma from my 1991 Pickup and we both feel the interior of the Taco is way nice and plush. It's relative I suppose. Also our use is not to haul clients but utility, so our demands are different. If I was doing that I would use a 4Runner more likely.

haha that's funny. I bet that's quite the upgrade! All of my co workers have brand new BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes, etc so I need to be semi on par with them considering they are my competition.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I'm on there. Its a pretty cool forum...def has a lot of info. I don't want 18 inch wheels I just want a nicer interior and not have to swap everything in/out to get what I want. Something a little more classy to make the gf and clients a bit more comfortable. If there was an option to take the interior from a T4R TEP and put it into a tacoma but also still have a truck feel and all the features of a TRD OR then I'd be a happy camper.

I get what you mean...you want simplicity.

That's the beauty of the Tacoma - even if they spruce up the top end models, you can bet there will still be some basic ones available. I'm with SDDiver5, I want a nicer interior if I'm going to jump back down to a midsize. I spend 95% of my time on the road for work or traveling, etc. I don't want multiple vehicles, so having something nice and comfortable that is still ultra capable would be the best of both worlds. I would also like a TEP equivalent Tacoma. The current Tacoma interior is nice, but it isn't great. I'm very anxious to see what they've come up with!

DaveInDenver

haha that's funny. I bet that's quite the upgrade! All of my co workers have brand new BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes, etc so I need to be semi on par with them considering they are my competition.
I don't mean to be insulting, but we drive Toyotas and I'd like them to stay Toyotas. Keeping up with those marques is inconsistent with what made Toyota popular in 80s and 90s. Affordable, reliable, simple. I like German cars as much as the next guy (her car is a '02 Jetta), but there is a different ethos about them. Used to be the names Hilux and Land Cruiser meant something other than DVD players and leather interiors. I'd love nothing more than to have been able to replace my '91 with a similar Hilux, but I'm tilting at windmills I know. I'm also the knucklehead who thought cruise control was an option. The dealer salesman looked at me like I was from Mars and I know all he saw was "Rube" on my forehead. The SR5 automatically comes with it and lots of other things that on my truck were extremely rare.

Last edited:

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
I like my '13. It has almost every option I want with the exception of heated mirrors and I'm in the process of putting them on. I like how basic the Tacoma is. I wish it had rubber floors instead of carpet. I've owned plenty of higher end vehicles with all the "latest" gadgetry and all it did for me was empty my wallet and waste my time at the dealership getting those gadgets to work correctly. In my 30's I had to keep up with the Joneses. At 53, I don't care what my ego says anymore.

DaveInDenver

I think you can order one w/o cruise control. My fjc doesn't have it.
The SR doesn't have cruise but the SR5, TRD and PRO all get it automatically. I dunno if it can be deleted nor if that's always been the case, I was just weighing a new 2015 against something used. Around here a new truck isn't all that much more than a low mileage used one. The value reduction is about $1K~$2K per year, the 2008 TRD Off Road we bought (which was at a slight premium, 43K, Toyota certified pre-owned) ended up roughly $9,500 less than a new TRD. But the total cost is quite a bit more when factoring in registration, insurance and all of it. Also cruise was one thing we specifically /did/ want never having a car with it, which was why I asked him.

I'm with most folks here in that I would like to see more working functional models in the Tacoma line. It seems like every dealer has plenty of Prerunner TRDs with all the bells and whistles, but few bare essential off road trucks.

I had to hunt around and wait for my truck to be found and delivered last year when I bought it.

2014 Base SR5 4x4 V6 Auto DCSB - White, Tow Package, Fog Lights

If it had a rear locker it would be perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger