2017 intech max flyer plus

Stan0

Am hoping to install 2 gc2 6 volt batteries in an appropriate bat box inside our 2017 max flyer plus. Would it be safe enough in this space to do? Will use existing vent hose and also bottom floor vent floor opening as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Stan

jus passin thru

Adventurer
The toung weight is already high. When I carry 10 gal of gas in front I carry 10 gal of water in back just to try to balance a little. I know there expensive but have you looked into lithium batteries, that way you would loose some wight. I have a 150 watt square Reology solar panel, it just fits in the square over the ac unit. It’s hinged so it can be lifted at angle if I ever want to use the AC. Makes a lot of electricity , but then I just use that crappy Dometic for bread and produce. I’ve got a really good ARB in the Jeep. M

dreadlocks

how close are you to your TV's tongue capacity? I put lithium in my flyer for weights savings.. but you could easily fit two GC batteries in there, now getting em into a case might be a lil difficult as not much height with the shore power box.

Stan0

Am hoping to install 2 gc2 6 volt batteries in an appropriate bat box inside our 2017 max flyer plus. Would it be safe enough in this space to do? Will use existing vent hose and also bottom floor vent floor opening as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Stan
extra question, perhaps an AGM would be better?? and thanks for the ideas..

Stan0

how close are you to your TV's tongue capacity? I put lithium in my flyer for weights savings.. but you could easily fit two GC batteries in there, now getting em into a case might be a lil difficult as not much height with the shore power box.
thanks will be weighing tongue wt today to be sure, 2 gc2s are around 130 lbs or so, if I want over 200 ah. box just fits but I'll need to strap down so it can be pulled out.

Stan0

Thanks a lot guys. We have a renogy 200 watt suitcase to replenish batteries. I guess weight is real issue. A large 200 ah single battery weighs as much as 2 gc2s so it remains a height issue and venting also. Today is tongue wt. day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman