2017 XPCamper (NIMBL) V1e #43 For Sale. $172,000.

highaltidude

2017 XPCamper (NIMBL) V1e #43 For Sale. $172,000.

XPCamper is touted as being a revolutionary pop-up camper designed by an overland adventurer for the overland adventurer. The camper was crafted with a unique seamless and frameless molded, composite-over-foam core, and wrapped in fiberglass.

Regular members of Expedition Portal know about the praises for the XPCamper and its legacy to NIMBL. XP had no real assembly line for these campers. Each unit was built trying to incorporate improvements and lessons learned from the previous builds. #43 is one of the earlier electric units; assembled soon after a minor shell redesign that changed the galley cabinets, a slight change to the tent construction, a change to the dining table support system and a bigger kitchen sink. Some improvements from subsequent units have been retrofit into ours.

We are the original owners of #43. Its assembly was completed in September 2017. We chose to put on a 2016 Ford F350 Supercab XLT Diesel (6.7L) (also original owners). The total length of #43 is 21.5 ft (no problem getting into National Parks).

We are retired and love to travel with our XP. We have explored many, many interesting sights (current truck mileage is 118K) and have enjoyed our XP in every sort of weather (down to -25F). It has always been garaged when we are home and has been meticulously maintained. Currently, it is at our home in Somerset, Kentucky.

This link should provide you with several more pictures: inside, outside and in use.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HWRCAWw7HtCKyYKKQWm75HQWl8-i-2X5?usp=sharing

We welcome your questions.

Camper Key Features:
  • Overcab Queen bed (sleeps East-West) with Froli Springs and underbed storage
  • The dinette area converts to a twin bed
  • 75 gallon Fresh water tank
  • 23 gallon Grey water tank
  • 5 gallon Thetford cassette toilet system (new cassette installed 5/23)
  • Indoor Shower (wet bath)
  • External Shower
  • Daulton two stage water filtration system with ceramic filter
  • Webasto Evo 6 Dual Top Heater/hot water heater (serviced at NIMBL 4/23)
  • Webasto x100 ceramic cooktop (serviced at NIMBL 4/23)
  • Dometic CRX1110 4.3 cuft 12V compressor refrigerator
  • 700 Watt Microwave
  • Ducted heating in camper and to all tanks
  • Underbed storage with XPCamper storage bags
  • Three 160W solar panels with GoPower controller
  • Four Lifeline AGM batteries (600AH)
  • Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter with charger
  • Dual pane Dometic windows with integrated screens and light shades
  • Two Maxxair temperature sensing ceiling fans, one with a “rain cover”
  • Stainless steel hardware throughout
  • LED Light fixtures throughout
  • Extended diesel fuel tank for appliances (increase to 12 gallons) (We use Kerosene at elevations over 5K ft)
  • Storage, Storage, Storage
  • Emergency hand crank system for raising the top in the event of motor or electrical failure
  • Includes our stash of “good to have” spare parts
  • Thermal covers for the skylight, both MaxxAir fans, and the entry door
  • Four camper jacks (included) allow the removal of the camper
  • Clear bra (PPF) was installed to protect all front facing edges

The Truck:

• 2016 Ford F-350 XLT 4WD Super Cab long bed
  • 6.7L diesel engine with 118K miles
  • 6 speed automatic transmission
  • 3.55 axle ratio
  • 158” wheelbase
  • Front bench seat
  • Remote start
  • Tinted side windows
  • Heated front seats
  • Kenwood DNX996XR head unit with DVD player, navigation, and back up camera
  • Factory E-locker in the rear
  • Detroit Truetrac professionally installed in the front
  • Towing package with factory brake controller. Both four flat and Bargman trailer plugs
  • Icon front leveling kit (2-3” lift)
  • Icon nitrogen remote reservoir shocks front and rear
  • Helwig heavy duty rear sway bar
  • Custom built rear 4,400lb leaf springs put on by Rocky Mountain Spring (2,700lbs was stock)
  • Dual steering stabilizer with Bilstein 5100 gas charged shocks
  • Five Fuel Anza rims (18x9”, 0mm offset)
  • Five Toyo Open Country 285/75/18 MT tires
  • Bushwacker front fender flares
  • On board air system with dash switch. 100% duty cycle ARB dual compressor with “chucks” on both sides of the truck. Two gallon air tank (runs air tools)
  • Blue Sea solenoid to allow the truck alternator to charge the house batteries while driving
  • Baja style front push bar / brush guard
  • Overall length of 21’ 6” which will get you through any National Park vehicle length restrictions. (For example: Glacier NP, Grand Canyon Toroweap Overlook, Sequoia NP….)
  • Clear bra on front of hood

Truck Tray/Flat Bed:

• The original truck bed was removed and XP installed a custom hand built aluminum flat bed. This is a work of art if you haven’t seen one in person
  • Includes four 9” deep locking truck boxes and a 28” x 6’ 5” deep pull out rear drawer/table
  • The factory back up sensors relocated to XP aluminum rear bumper
  • Storage inside the rear bumper
  • Upgraded LED tail lights, back up lights, turn signals

Includes “good to have” spare parts:

• New Sureflo water pump
  • New Dual Top burner / glow plug assembly
  • New Dual Top gasket set
  • Good used Dual Top fuel pump
  • Several new lift system couplings
  • Various hose clamps and water lines
  • New hinges for truck boxes
  • Extra main body slides

Attachments

• AlstromPt.JPG
    AlstromPt.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 204
  • PastureDown.jpg
    PastureDown.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 226
  • PastureUp.jpg
    PastureUp.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Redwoods.JPG
    Redwoods.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 205

Mtnladie

To answer some of your questions, here are some “things to know” about our camper.

· This truck/camper has always been stored indoors, except when on the road being enjoyed

· Speedometer has been calibrated for the 35” tires and the TPMS has been reset to NOT indicate a fault when airing down around 20psi for off pavement travel.

· The turbo was replaced by Alton Blakely Ford at 92K miles.

· New camper sump pump installed 7/2022.

· New rams on all exterior camper doors installed 4/2022.

· New higher rated (40lbs) rams installed on the lift bed.

· Both truck water pumps replaced under warranty by Whitehorse Motors (Canadian Ford dealer) at 32K miles.

· Brass “check valve” installed on camper shower hot water line to reduce/eliminate “cold shots”.

· USB outlet in rear storage compartment moved slightly to allow use with the door closed.

· Faucet control solenoid unit replaced 3/2021.

· Added external twist latches to interior kitchen drawers. This keeps drawers closed during off pavement travel.

· The forced air furnace system has three ducts in the camper interior, and three ducts under the floor. All tanks can be dumped in the winter, and we’ve been barefoot to -25 degrees F external temps.

· Water can be added directly to tank, or filled by the water pump from a hose dropped into an external source.

· Water lines / ball valves added to allow winterization

· Camper compartment locks have been rekeyed from the industry standard CH751

Clear bra was installed on all front facing edges.

Flip down step added to passenger’s rear truck box to allow easier entry/exit without steps being deployed.

Includes leveling blocks appropriate for a 12,000lb vehicle.

There’s beginning to be some deterioration on the accordion sun shades on the skylight and rear window.

timtyler

Thanks for the 2nd video.
So? the big question for you is on your asking price. I really like your unit and it appears well cared for and maintained. Are you negotiable on your asking price?

Thanks,
Tim

Frodo of Texas

So? the big question for you is on your asking price. I really like your unit and it appears well cared for and maintained. Are you negotiable on your asking price?

Thanks,
Tim
Make them an offer Tim. You'll find out pretty quickly I would imagine.

Frodo of Texas

I was asked to create a video of our XPCamper/NIMBL- so it’s my chance to be a Spokesmodel!
Great videos. Thanks. Im curious...the camper can only be entered when the top is fully raised...correct? Also, around the inside perimeter ceiling of the camper appears to be clear storage, I presume?.

The vehicle is a manageable size. Nice modifications.

Pssst! I saw a grey haired Sasquatch ducking outside your door. be careful out there!

Mtnladie

Great videos. Thanks. Im curious...the camper can only be entered when the top is fully raised...correct? Also, around the inside perimeter ceiling of the camper appears to be clear storage, I presume?.

Pssst! I saw a grey haired Sasquatch ducking outside your door. be careful out there!
Frodo - If you are skinny - you can get in the camper when it’s halfway raised. But you CANNOT get in it when it is all the way down. When down, the bottom shell also blocks all the windows.
Yes, there are clear storage pockets around the perimeter of the ceiling (the full length of the passenger ceiling and the back ceiling, driver side about two thirds (not where cabinet is), and no pockets along the front edge).
Thanks for the Sasquatch warning!

Mtnladie

Thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim -Thank you for noticing that our unit is well cared for and maintained. We’ve been in the XP/NIMBL community for quite a while, now, and we’ve seen quite a number of units. I believe we are asking a fair price. Come see it.

Frodo of Texas

Thank you ma’am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman