2018 F-150: Best way to monitor boost and engine temps?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
My XLT doesn't have the digital temp display for the engine temp (what's weird is that it has it for the transmission, but not the engine temp.)

What's the easiest way to monitor that plus it would also be nice to know boost amounts (3.5 EB.)

My phone is IOS so Torque app won't work. Anything that will function with IOS? And which OBDII dongle should I use?

Thanks!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'm 99% the Edge Insight CTS3 would give you what you're looking for. Looked into it a few times for my 5.0. but haven't pulled the trigger for whatever reason.

On another note, strange Ford does not include this wouldn't you say??

Could have used it driving through Alabama Hills this past weekend when it was 107 out.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Does your truck have the dummy gauges without the numbers on it? You can use forscan to add numbers to the sweeping gauges. Also, a cluster upgrade to the 8"digital cluster is only around $200 iirc, and not difficult.

Like Sddiver said, you should be able to get an edge or scangauge standalone monitor that should be able to pull a whole bunch of pids if you're interested

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Does your truck have the dummy gauges without the numbers on it? You can use forscan to add numbers to the sweeping gauges. Also, a cluster upgrade to the 8"digital cluster is only around $200 iirc, and not difficult.

Like Sddiver said, you should be able to get an edge or scangauge standalone monitor that should be able to pull a whole bunch of pids if you're interested
Half of of them are dummy gauges like engine temp and oil pressure, the other half are not avail. The only one you can get an actual number on is the trans temp and Tire PSI.

Mine has an offroad section that tells me the degrees of tip I am which I find helpful for leveling out for my RTT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12