2018 GoFast Camper for 5' Tacoma (CO) *SOLD*

Xrunner

Explorer
Like new without the wait... used 4-5 nights and has been on the truck for about 6 weeks. The GFC has already been to Vedauwoo, Glenwood Springs, Moab, and Palisade but hopes to travel the (back) country with it's new owner and continue to expand it's horizon.

Includes camper shell with front and back window upgrades and custom fit sheet set. Main powdercoat is black with gray bars. Fits a 3rd gen DCSB (5') Toyota Tacoma. Current GFC orders will be done in October of 2019, so buying this one saves you a year of waiting.

Located in Greeley, Colorado (an hour north of Denver) and currently on my Tacoma. $6,000 obo. Photos attached. *SOLD*

EDIT: added more details

Attachments

• IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4582.JPG
    IMG_4582.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 419
  • IMG_4579.JPG
    IMG_4579.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_4583.JPG
    IMG_4583.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
Interesting. Can I ask why you’re selling already? There’s 300 people waiting for one and you’re letting it go. What didn’t you like?

Sure, short version: I have camper ADD and bought a Four Wheel Camper shell. The FWC addresses two two of our main challenges: comfortable winter use without building out a heater/etc; and we can quickly take it off the truck with 1-2 people.

Long version: I was order #17 a long while back and planned to use the camper for some a number of 2018 trips. We ordered the shell off of cad mockups and maybe an early photo of the prototype Baja GFC. Production took longer than anticipated and ours arrived in late September. Grame and his team snuck ours on a shipment a few days head of our original schedule; and it arrived just time time for use on our last big trip of the season.

We have had several camping trailers (Kamparoo, Outlander with RTT, etc) but tired of towing them in tight spaces. Mainly large cities we travel through and want to explore the brewry scene/local food/etc. After selling our last trailer we went back to a quick setup ground tent (Jet tent style) but sleeping on the ground again grew old fast. An RTT is no longer an option as we have a 12 year old Aussie that loves camping but can’t climb anymore.

The GFC is a great piece of kit and aptly named. The double edged sword is that you leave it on the truck full-time. It functions as a great everyday shell, but that limits the amount of open bed truck stuff you can do (ie hauling mulch, rock, tall stuff like grills, etc). The ease of setup and comfort is far ahead of any RTT I’ve had experience with and easier than our Kamparoo trailer. If it’s not in setup bed mode you have a tent-like area where you can stand up or wait out bad weather. You can also open the sides and they provide a little shade and easy access to what you have in the truck bed (mainly the beer cooler, in our case at least).

Our original plan was to keep the GFC and build a tub under the camper so we could leave it loaded with gear and take it on/off the truck using camper jacks. But we found a solid deal on a used FWC Swift (complete with heater for winter camping) and decided to go that route. Overall the quality of the GFC and the customer service of the company is amazing, and I can’t say enough good things about both. It would be a shame to leave this one sitting so we are releasing it back into the wild for a new owner to enjoy.

ewfrey2013

If only it were for a 6' bed, i'd be driving out there right now! ]Know lots of folks that love their FWC so enjoy the new accommodations and hopefully someone realizes how rare it is for one of these to pop up for sale!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Did you experience any leaks (water/dust) anywhere? My biggest concern are the corners where the panels come together and relying on the bulb seal to have enough pressure from the panels to keep a tight and consistent seal.

Xrunner

Explorer
Did you experience any leaks (water/dust) anywhere? My biggest concern are the corners where the panels come together and relying on the bulb seal to have enough pressure from the panels to keep a tight and consistent seal.

The GFC has very good seals, I didn't notice any dust. Water was limited to the occasional drop here and there in the bed of the truck, mostly from high speed driving in heavy rain. It's hard to know though if that's a seal or the OEM Tacoma bed. The Taco bed lets in a little water, mostly at the side compartment drain holes (near the real wheel wells?) and the drain holes in the front of the bed. There's a kit that seals the compartment drain holes (over on Tacoma World IIRC) but I never felt the need to install it.

When setup I didn't notice anything (dirt or water) other than what we tracked in. The top tent area stays nice and dry in my experience, even when raining.

Xrunner

Explorer
Deposit received, GFC is sold pending pickup.

EDIT: Sold to a good home, just in time for ski season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998