2019 F350 6.2L 4WD build thread; HPI flatbed, ATO AterraXL composite camper, Carli/King, 37s, 4.88s, etc

est1980

@Tsavo_Touring
Awesome! Can’t wait to see the final setup. The camper looks like a great alternative to the various pop ups.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Lol I have 7.3 addiction lol.. what state are you in?

Uh huh, and a 4spd crush too? ;)
Oregon.
With a 7.3L CrewCab LWB 4WD shop truck with Banks BigHoss big turbo kit, built BD tranny, exhaust brake, etc. 4spd feels very antiquated to me, but heck, it's a 2001, so it's getting tired inside as well.

Skinhyfish

Observer
Uh huh, and a 4spd crush too? ;)
Oregon.
With a 7.3L CrewCab LWB 4WD shop truck with Banks BigHoss big turbo kit, built BD tranny, exhaust brake, etc. 4spd feels very antiquated to me, but heck, it's a 2001, so it's getting tired inside as well.

It was negative -17 here other day. Glad I have a plug in. But man sometimes a gasser gets back in my mind. Lol guess there is never one perfect rig. I actually loved my tundra power and gearing was great.. just flexed a lot with my hallmark on there. Beefed suspension but it didn’t feel as solid as a 3/4ton with wait.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Plugging in a diesel for a few weeks a year is a minimal trade off that really shouldn’t even factor.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
You live in TX? Maybe couple weeks in your territory.. mine more like months. It was -34 at lake by my house other day. Plugging in is a must.

Still not a big enough deal to buy a gasser instead, still not good to cold start gassers that cold either.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
If it wasn't for the higher entry cost, possible reliability issues from all of the emissions components, higher maintenance costs, and diesel gelling issues in winter, I'd certainly love the extra torque of the 6.7L PSD. But I'll deal with the need to shift down while driving my 6.2L petrol, for the reasons above.

Explorerinil

Observer
If it wasn't for the higher entry cost, possible reliability issues from all of the emissions components, higher maintenance costs, and diesel gelling issues in winter, I'd certainly love the extra torque of the 6.7L PSD. But I'll deal with the need to shift down while driving my 6.2L petrol, for the reasons above.
I drove a 6.2 f350 with 4:30 gears the other day, it didn’t have the power my 7.3 has and shifted more frequently but it was far from lacking in power. I’m guessing the new 10 speed really helps the 7.3 in it’s power band, which to me feels perfect.

For a cost perspective the 6.2 is a good deal and has plenty of power and it’s tried and true 6 speed which is mated to it makes it a great option.

tacollie

Glamper
Coming from Toyota the 6.2 is a power house. The Tundra 5.7 was pretty zippy 0-60 with our FWC but the 6.2 60-80 stomps it. It's important to note that coming from Toyotas 4000rpms doesn't phase me. Personally I can't justify the diesel premium not matter how much fun the power offers.

Side note. This thread really make me want to regear. 3.73 to 4.56 is more tempting than ever!

Skinhyfish

Observer
Coming from Toyota the 6.2 is a power house. The Tundra 5.7 was pretty zippy 0-60 with our FWC but the 6.2 60-80 stomps it. It's important to note that coming from Toyotas 4000rpms doesn't phase me. Personally I can't justify the diesel premium not matter how much fun the power offers.

Side note. This thread really make me want to regear. 3.73 to 4.56 is more tempting than ever!

do it!! Best money i have spent on any build

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I guess I need to spend some time daily'ing it for awhile...once oil temps are up, shift down and spank on it a bit.

Haven’t re read post… you have a 10spead or 6spd?
Mine is 6R140 6spd auto. I went for it/6.2L as I wanted to reduce the potential complexity of the new 7.3L and also 10spd. 10spd would put an engine into the powerband better than 6spd, but when it comes to repairs, 4 more gears = more possibility for hurt. Just my $0.02 after many years of doing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998